Pearl Harbor The First Energy War
- Memo to Gore: Get a horse. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;01/05/98, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p34
Presents information on United States Vice President Al Gore's trip to Kyoto, Japan for Pearl Harbor Day. Amount of fuel that Matt Drudge, electronic journalist of `Rogue,' calculated that Gore burned during the expedition; Problems addressed by Gore at Pearl Harbor Day.
- Commander Fuchida's DECISION. ZIMM, COMMANDER ALAN D. // Naval History;Dec2016, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p16
The article explores the attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941 and specifically the mistake made by Japanese Commander Mitsuo Fuchida. Fuchida reportedly fired two flares during the first-wave strike which signaled to his aviators to use the "no-surprise" attack plan instead of one flare to observe the...
- MY WAR: THEY CALLED ME RLACKIE, THE HERO. GORDON, CHARLES // Sea Classics;Dec2013, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p32
In this article, the author focuses on the impact of the attack by the Japanese Navy against the U.S. naval base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii on December 1941 on his life. He informs that he resembles actor Chester Morris and mentions that he reported to the USS Arizona (BB-39) battleship in Hawaii....
- Is Japan the Right Partner for the U.S.? Koo, George // Chinese American Forum;Jul-Sep2015, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p31
The authors offers his views against the idea of the U.S. making an alliance with Japan with reference to the meeting between the Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, and Abe and Barack Obama, the U.S. President. Topics discussed include to the atrocities committed by the Japanese in the Second...
- National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day. Robertson, David // Moderate Voice;12/7/2015, p5
A speech delivered by the Franklin D. Roosevelt, 32nd U.S. President, gave to Congress on the day after a surprise military strike by the Imperial Japanese Navy against the U.S. naval base at Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941 is presented. Topics discussed include maintenance of peace in the...
- A TARANTO- PEARL HARBOR CONNECTION. O'CONNOR, CHRISTOPHER P. // Naval History;Dec2016, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p30
The article examines the connection between the 1941 Battle of Pearl Harbor in Hawaii and the 1940 Battle of Taranto in Italy. Details of the attack are provided with the Battle of Pearl Harbor started by the Japanese by destroying U.S. Navy assets at anchor in Pearl Harbor and the attack on...
- First encounter. Weisberger, Bernard A. // American Heritage;Dec91, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p20
Focuses on the fiftieth anniversary of the bombing of Pearl Harbor. Questions about what lies ahead for the United States and Japan; Discussion of how a modernizing America called modern Japan into being; Comments on a letter from President Millard Fillmore to the emperor of Japan about the...
- TENSE RELATIONS. McIntyre, Edison // Cobblestone;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p10
The article discusses Japanese foreign relations with the U.S. and other countries including China, Russia, and Germany, looking at events including the signing of the Convention of Kanagawa in 1854, the Sino-Japanese war which began in 1937, and the attack on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii in 1941.
- Memories of Pearl Harbor resurface. Klein, Ed // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/17/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 38, p4
Recaps the sneak attack of Japan on the U.S. Naval base in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. Motives behind the attack; Response of the Americans to the attacks; Similarity between the Pearl Harbor attack and the September 11 terrorist attacks.