Pearl Harbor The First Energy War
- MY WAR: THEY CALLED ME RLACKIE, THE HERO. GORDON, CHARLES // Sea Classics;Dec2013, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p32
In this article, the author focuses on the impact of the attack by the Japanese Navy against the U.S. naval base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii on December 1941 on his life. He informs that he resembles actor Chester Morris and mentions that he reported to the USS Arizona (BB-39) battleship in Hawaii....
- Is Japan the Right Partner for the U.S.? Koo, George // Chinese American Forum;Jul-Sep2015, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p31
The authors offers his views against the idea of the U.S. making an alliance with Japan with reference to the meeting between the Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, and Abe and Barack Obama, the U.S. President. Topics discussed include to the atrocities committed by the Japanese in the Second...
- National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day. Robertson, David // Moderate Voice;12/7/2015, p5
A speech delivered by the Franklin D. Roosevelt, 32nd U.S. President, gave to Congress on the day after a surprise military strike by the Imperial Japanese Navy against the U.S. naval base at Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941 is presented. Topics discussed include maintenance of peace in the...
- First encounter. Weisberger, Bernard A. // American Heritage;Dec91, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p20
Focuses on the fiftieth anniversary of the bombing of Pearl Harbor. Questions about what lies ahead for the United States and Japan; Discussion of how a modernizing America called modern Japan into being; Comments on a letter from President Millard Fillmore to the emperor of Japan about the...
- TENSE RELATIONS. McIntyre, Edison // Cobblestone;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p10
The article discusses Japanese foreign relations with the U.S. and other countries including China, Russia, and Germany, looking at events including the signing of the Convention of Kanagawa in 1854, the Sino-Japanese war which began in 1937, and the attack on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii in 1941.
- Memories of Pearl Harbor resurface. Klein, Ed // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/17/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 38, p4
Recaps the sneak attack of Japan on the U.S. Naval base in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. Motives behind the attack; Response of the Americans to the attacks; Similarity between the Pearl Harbor attack and the September 11 terrorist attacks.
- Memo to Gore: Get a horse. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;01/05/98, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p34
Presents information on United States Vice President Al Gore's trip to Kyoto, Japan for Pearl Harbor Day. Amount of fuel that Matt Drudge, electronic journalist of `Rogue,' calculated that Gore burned during the expedition; Problems addressed by Gore at Pearl Harbor Day.
- PEARL HARBOR, ATTACK ON. // Reader's Companion to American History;1991, p827
A description of the Japanese air attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941 is presented. It stated that it was the climax of a decade of rising tension between Japan and the U.S. After the Japan's seizure of the rest of Indochina in July 1941, President Franklin D. Roosevelt closed the Panama...
- Pearl Harbor: Planning the Attack. Pearce, Matt // Pearl Harbor;2009, p1
The article chronicles how Japan planned its attack on the United States military installation at Pearl Harbor, on the Hawaiian island of Oahu, on December 7, 1941. The attack, following decades of animosity between America and Japan over control of the Pacific Rim, thrust the U.S. into World...