They Want Their 401(k)s
- More money might flow in the next year. // Pensions & Investments;07/12/99, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p37
Reports that employees may be able to increase their contributions to 401(k) and 403(b) retirement plans in the United States in the year 2000.
- 401(k) providers wooing small-business owners. Weaver, Peter // Nation's Business;Feb95, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p64
Suggests that companies must be careful in choosing a plan by observing services provided and fees charged as competition in the small-business 401(k) market intensifies. Growth in new-plan formation in the small-business field; Computer technology as driving down administrative costs to a...
- Auditing 401(k)s With CAATs. // Internal Auditor;Oct2001, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p27
Discusses the process of auditing an employee retirement savings plan (401(k)). Role of 401(k) on the success of a firm; Advantages offered by 401(k) to its participants; Contribution limits to 401(k); Plan specifications.
- Fidelity quizzes 403(b), 457 participants. Jacobius, Arleen // Pensions & Investments;7/24/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p42
Cites a survey showing that nearly half of participants in 403(b) and 457 plans have at least $100,000 in their plan accounts. Description of 403(b) and 457 plans; Comparison of the funds' participation rates with 401(k) plans.
- Florida seeks terror-free option for 401(a) plan. Burr, Barry B. // Pensions & Investments;3/22/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p8
The article reports that the Florida State Board of Administration, Tallahassee, has renewed its commitment to find a manager to run a terror-free international equity fund as an investment choice for its 401(a) plan.
- OUTSIDE EDGE. Laws, Graeme // Money Marketing;7/10/2003, p24
Asserts that employer-sponsored pension schemes in Great Britain work best when the employer matches the employee's contribution. Government's difficulties in introducing such schemes; Factors blamed for the lack of public enthusiasm; Lessons from the implementation of 401(k) plans in the...
- GIMME A 'K'! // Entrepreneur;Feb2003, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p47
Reports on the development of 401(k) retirement plans for entrepreneurs. Improvements on simplified employee pension plans; Share of their income entrepreneurs can contribute to such plans; Drawbacks of such plans.
- Educated 401(k) participants keep cool under market fire. Tautin, Mary // Global Finance;May2001, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p68
Focuses on the attitudes of 401(k) pension plan participants in the United States during the economic slowdown. Total amount of net withdrawals from stock funds in February 2001; Reason for the calmness of 401(k) participants; Overview of commonly used educational tools in the plan.
- Employees get access to invest 401(k) in open market. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);05/18/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 20, p4B
Reports on the rising number of companies that are providing their employees with the option of investing 401(k) money in thousands of mutual funds and individual securities rather than the typical, slim menu of mutual funds. Impact of the Internet on the financial services industry; Benefits...