Company on Wheels
- Jaguar, Volvo may move west. Robinson, Aaron // Automotive News;1/10/2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5856, p4
Reports that Ford Motor Co. may move Jaguar Cars North America and Volvo Cars of North America Inc. from New Jersey to California. Move as bringing the North American operations of the Premier Automotive Group under one roof; Logistical problems that need to be addressed; Additional time...
- Volvo Rolling Back To New Jersey. Lee, Evelyn // njbiz;3/17/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p2
The article reports on the decision of Volvo Cars of North America to relocate its headquarters from Irvine, California to Rockleigh, New Jersey. Volvo used to have its U.S. headquarters in Raleigh. The relocation is in line with the consolidation of its operations in one location and to make...
- Tough to-do list greets Volvo's new N.A. boss. // Automotive News;4/28/2008, Vol. 82 Issue 6305, p26
The article presents an interview with Doug Speck, head of Volvo Cars of North America Inc. On the reaction of his Southern California employees on his move to New Jersey, Speck said it is hard as it has affected people and their families. He also talked about modest first quarter sales of Volvo...
- Volvo may nix dealer incentive program. Harris, Donna // Automotive News;4/21/2003, Vol. 77 Issue 6034, p8
This article reports that Volvo Cars of North America Inc. is considering to fight for its national dealer incentive program that ties the dealer discount to dealership performance standards.Texas automobile law bars manufacturers from discriminating among dealers.The company already has...
- Volvo seeking more custom orders. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;1/15/1996, Vol. 70 Issue 5641, p26
Reports on the efforts of Volvo Cars North America to bring customers closer to its Canadian assembly factory in 1996. Encouragement of customers to custom-order 850-series cars from the plant in Halifax, Nova Scotia; Volvo's rationale for the effort; Plant operations.
- No time for football? // Overdrive;Nov97, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p15
Features Volvo North America's `Best Drive in the Game' promotion. Prizes for winners; Requirement for participation.
- Volvo side-swipes the competition. // Ward's Auto World;Apr94, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p73
Reports on Volvo Cars of North America Inc.'s offer of Side Impact Protection System (SIPS) airbags. Use of non-electrical mechanical triggers; Feature of twin gas generators mounted in the seatback.
- New Volvos debut on Web. Washington, Frank S. // Automotive News;7/14/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5722, p2
Reports that Volvo Cars of North America is advertising its new cars on the World Wide Web. Amount being spent; Numbers of viewers.
- Volvo loses bid to dismiss Fla. dealer protest. Harris, Donna Lawrence // Automotive News;11/18/1996, Vol. 71 Issue 5687, p47
Reports that Volvo Cars of North America Incorporated has lost its motion to dismiss a protest which was made by 13 Florida dealers. Protest over the company's franchise agreement.