- IN BRIEF. // People Management;5/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p9
Presents news briefs related to personnel management in Great Britain as of May 2003. Accreditation given by the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority to the certificates of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development on personnel practice; Guidance issued by Nacro for human...
- IFP chief Nick Cann takes time out due to illness. Macdonald, Sam // Money Marketing (Online Edition);4/2/2013, p1
The article reports on the move of Nick Cann, chief executive officer of the Institute of Financial Planning Ltd. (IFP) in Great Britain, to take some time away from his job to recover from his illness.
- Weirton Fire Chief Takes Leave During Investigation. HARRIS, LINDA // State Journal (WV);7/29/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 29, p8
The article reports on the move of Weirton Fire chief executive officer (CEO) Dave Lashorn, who is under investigation for allegedly threatening to harm himself and his squad members, to take a voluntary leave of absence.
- The leave of absence puzzle: Fitting the pieces together. Zashin, Stephen S. // Public Personnel Management;Winter97, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p471
Discusses important areas in handling employee requests for leave of absence due to sickness or injury in the United States. Legislation involved; Employee coverage; Definition of injury or illness; Benefit entitlements.
- PTOs: Effective but Not Widely Used. Lanphear, Sue // Credit Union Executive Newsletter;07/10/2000, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p2
Focuses on the benefits of paid-time-off programs for employers.
- FLEX-LEAVE: A DIFFERENT APPROACH TO TIME OFF. Mokotoff, Gary // Management Review;Nov86, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p61
Discusses the ins and outs of a flexible leave policy for employees. Applications of the policy to holidays, employees' personal days and vacations; Pros and cons; Policy implications on personnel management.
- HR Space. // Employers Law;Sep2011, p17
The article presents questions and answers related to the human resources community including how to deal with an employee who is on adoption leave, the obligations of an employee arrested charged for an offence happening outside the workplace and what the employer's process should be in such a...
- Council HR staff beat the snow by driving employees to work. Baker, Kat // Personnel Today;1/12/2010, p3
The article discusses the efforts of human resource (HR) professionals in Great Britain to minimize the absence rates during recent snowfalls.
- Call for flexibility to stem carers exodus. Welch, Jilly // People Management;9/12/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 18, p5
Focuses on employee's leave of absence due to family commitments. Number of employees in Britain that take a day off to care for a sick family member; Findings of the Institute for Employment Studies about the cost on employees' leave of absence; Call for more job flexibility and introduction...