- Back up: Be safe and not sorry. Peterson, Eric // Wearables Business;Feb2003, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p51
Discusses the pros and cons of reliance on technology. Experience in Internet access addiction; Lesson learned about over-reliance on technology; Benefits from Web-based backups.
- Technology Today. // Lodging Hospitality;Mar2000, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p43
Presents news briefs on technology. CES WorkStyle Awards given to PC RoomLink; Option for Internet connectivity in hotel guestrooms offered by GuesTech; Revenue earnings growth of MCORP in 1999. INSET: Firm Offers Free Guestroom Internet Connectivity.
- The Electronic Notary. // Commercial Law Bulletin;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p9
Focuses on the developed Digital Notary service, a security method to protect parties involved in the transmission of documents over the Internet. Interrogation of the effectiveness of notary; Reference to the article `Electronic Notarization: Florida, Utah Lead the Way,' by Charles N. Faeber,...
- The New Platform--The Network Palette. Sevcik, Peter // Business Communications Review;May2001, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p10
Advises to consider the Network Palette to build the platform that will power the Internet to its potential. Comparison of the successful platforms with the platforms they replace; Characteristics of platforms; Key technologies for the platform.
- P2P shows way forward by giving power to the clients. // New Media Age;11/21/2002, p21
Discusses issues surrounding the P2P technology. Two things that will change the way people access online resources; Factor that prompted the advent of the rich client concept.
- Poorly timed tech hub idea losing power fast. Fickenscher, Lisa // Crain's New York Business;2/18/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p4
Reports developments related to technology companies in New York, New York as of February 2002. Importance of the city program to designed technology hubs; Use of Internet for the marketing of the company; Plan of the Digital NYC to extend Silicon Alley.
- Year Two of New Content, New Conferences ... and More. Hoffman, David // MultiMedia & Internet@Schools;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p5
Introduces a series of articles on Internet- and technology-based products, services and resources.
- Putting your life online - or on the line? Schweber, Bill // EDN;10/12/2000, Vol. 45 Issue 21, p35
Comments on the articles on Web-based applications published in the 'Business Week' periodical that reinforced the belief that being enamored with technology can result to failure to recognize its fallibility and history. Web-centric killer applications for the masses; Concerns in using...
- Internet is the Answer. Smith, Steve // Electronic News;11/13/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 46, p32
Contends that the Internet technology might solve design problems that are caused by rapidly advancing technology. Benefits of advances in silicon technology to engineers; Benefits of the Internet.