Dos, Don'ts, and Doughnuts For Late-Starting Meetings
- Getting Things Done. Simpson, Donald T.; Bettman, Ralph B.; Petrini, Cathy // Training & Development Journal;Dec89, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p23
Presents a case of a successful project review meeting and tips for planning one. Purpose of a project review meeting; Specific questions to consider before the meeting; Guidelines for the meeting; Debriefing after the meeting.
- Plan your meetings to alleviate boredom. // Personnel Today;11/5/2002, p4
Focuses on a Great Britain-based staff report on uselessness associated with staff meetings. Survey on the measures adopted by the staff to ward off boredom at meetings; Presentation of a guide on objective meetings.
- Facilitation Takes Real Pluck. Rosner, Bob // Workforce (10928332);Aug2000, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p104
Presents tips on facilitating a corporate meeting. Understanding one's role as a facilitator; Describing a facilitator's role to the members; Keeping everyone involved; Importance of the group's agreement on problem-solving.
- Outfitting the inner employee. Jaworski, Margaret // Crain's New York Business;10/23/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 43, p30
Reports on various team-building activities being done at corporate meetings to inspire and reassure employees in New York City. Attempts at getting people to take a risk and have fun; Out-of-the-box experiences; Stimulation of activity and bonding.
- In Practice. Wilcox, John // Training & Development Journal;May90, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p11
Reports on developments related to personnel management. Characteristics of a typical business meeting; Retirement decisions of chief executive officers; Starting salaries for newly graduate employees.
- Buzzword bingo. // Business NH Magazine;Apr99, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p7
Explains the mechanics of Buzzword Bingo played by employees during company meetings. Employees' compiling a list of five of their favorite buzzwords; Web site.
- Selling HR measures to the board. // Personnel Today;11/12/2002, p23
Analyzes the significance of effective measurement in board meetings according to DIY retailer B&Q's Human Resource (HR) director, Mike Cutt. Differentiation of operational metrics by Cutt; Influence of HR in developing a strategy for generation of revenue from the existing customers;...
- Plan B. Keane, Robert F. // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Jan2004, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p16
Focuses on the issue concerning the incentive trips for various companies for corporate meetings in the U.S. Threat of terrorism; Promotional campaign of some travel agents; Identification of the suitable destinations.
- INCENTIVE TRENDS 2005. // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Jan2006, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p30
The article presents the results of the annual incentive trends survey of the journal "Corporate Meetings & Incentives." Caribbean Area and Mexico are the post popular destinations for incentive groups headed outside the U.S. Business enterprises are changing the rewards they offer for the sales...