The Tinsel-Strewn Nightmare
- In hard times a break is more vital than ever. Tritton, Leanne // Building Design;12/14/2012, Issue 2041, p22
The article discusses the significance of the Christmas period and office parties for practices and businesses, noting how special occasions may give the staff a chance to celebrate the year's success.
- PUDDING THE WORLD TO RIGHTSâ€¦. // Personnel Today;11/7/2006, p6
The article reports that charity organization, Crisis is asking human resource (HR) professionals to purchase the Crisis Pud, a specially branded luxury Harrods Christmas pudding for their staff. Some of the pudding contains six pence that give recipients the chance to win a range of prizes.
- Yule be sorry if employees get too festive. // Personnel Today;12/14/2004, p1
This article focuses on a research related to staff involvement in Christmas parties. Exclusive PersonnelToday.com research revealed that the fear of being held liable for inappropriate actions or remarks made by staff is the biggest concern of HR professionals at Christmas parties. In an online...
- Santa claws his way to global stardom. // Personnel Today;12/12/2006, p56
The article points out that the modern day youngsters who traumatize God-fearing citizens by calling themselves young Turks in hoods should remember that one of the first hoodies was in fact a real young Turk , an orphan by the name of Nicholas. 'Santa' Nicholas who wore a veiled garment across...
- Untitled. // People Management;1/13/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p8
Focuses on the impact of Christmas on the stress level of employees. Factors to be considered by managers to regulate the workload of their employees; Advantage of using an online health and well-being management system.
- Everybody's Going Mobile. // Workforce (10928332);Sep99, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p32
Provides information on a survey, conducted by Challenger, Gray & Christmas Inc., on telecommuting among human resources executives. Forecast on telecommuting as a workplace trend in the 21st century; Other findings of the survey.
- A help-wanted holiday. // Business News New Jersey;11/01/99, Vol. 12 Issue 40, p27
Reports on the difficulties faced by retailers in New Jersey in finding temporary employees for the 1999 Christmas season. Early start in looking for workers; Bonuses for workers who keep their jobs until the end of the holidays; Hiring strategy of Target Stores Inc.
- The Gift Of Gratitude. Kropf, Annemarie // Business Journal (Central New York);12/28/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 52, p22
The author reflects on the holiday season for employees in New York. She states that at some companies, workers may be lucky enough to see a bonus in their paychecks as budget constraints prevent it from happening. However, she adds that there is something that a firm can do which is valuable...
- Getting the right type of exposure. // Personnel Today;1/6/2004, p44
The festive season is over. Let's get down to some serious business. The periodical "Personnel Today" would like to hear about the indiscretions of readers and their co-workers at Christmas work functions. Submissions will be kept anonymous upon request. The juiciest replies will win the...