Michigan Authority Selling $148M of State-Backed Debt
- Michigan State Building Authority Takes a Crack at Variable-Rate Debt. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;05/10/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30888, p4
Reports on the Michigan State Building Authority's plan to sell 134 million dollar of revenue bonds. Structure of the bonds; Funding of building projects.
- Michigan Plans $1.5B In 2 Deals. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/13/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32690, p1
The article reports on the plan of two issuers to enter the market with deals that will ease the budget crunch, including a $527 million tobacco bond sale and a nearly$1 billion mostly refunding revenue bond issue in Michigan. The Michigan Tobacco Settlement Finance Authority anticipates pricing...
- Michigan Authority Joins Refunding Parade. Colomer, Nora // Bond Buyer;7/15/2016, Vol. 1 Issue F375, p1
The Michigan State Building Authority is joining the parade of borrowers capitalizing on the market's attractive rates with plans to sell about $660 million of mostly refunding bonds next week.
- NOTABLE 2011 BOND SALES. // Crain's Detroit Business;1/9/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p0020
The article offers information on various notable bond sales in Michigan in 2011. It says that the Michigan State Finance Authority issued 3.3 billion dollars to repay the U.S. Department of Treasury on a loan balance on December 28. It states that the Michigan State Building Authority issued...
- Two Michigan Deals Will Combine For $1.5B of Expected $6.4B Slate. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Martthew // Bond Buyer;8/13/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32690, p7
The article reports on the plan of two issuers to lead the charge in the municipal primary market with a combined $1.5 billion of bonds in Michigan. About 23 percent of the $6.4 billion scheduled to price was represented. JPMorgan is scheduled to price $976.2 million of revenue and refunding...
- Michigan Building Agency to Sell $344M in Multimodal Debt. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/19/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32281, p40
The article states that the Michigan State Building Authority (MSBA) will sell $344 million of multimodal revenue bonds in December 2005. The sell will free up capacity in the state's commercial paper program and should avoid any impact from the typical end-of-the-year sell-off by fund managers....
- Volume Forecast to Dip as Michigan Building Authority, NYC Top Calendar. Weitzman, Aaron; Devitt, Caitlin; Williamson, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/27/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34349, p1
Municipal volume is forecast to slip from what may turn out to be the peak of weekly issuance for the rest of the year.
- Moody's Upgrades Michigan's GO to Aa1. // Bond Buyer;7/27/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34349, p1
Moody's Investors Service has upgraded the State of Michigan's general obligation rating to Aa1 from Aa2, and the Michigan State Building Authority's (SBA) appropriation debt to Aa2 from Aa3.
- Muni Prices End Weaker as More Deals Come to Market. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;7/30/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34352, p1
Prices of top-quality municipal bonds finished weaker on Wednesday, traders said, with yields on some maturities strengthening by as much as three basis points.