Chicago Plans Multiple GO Issues to Help Fund 2001 Budget
- Pennsylvania Passes Budget, Clears Path for Over $1 Billion in Bonds. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;6/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31167, p39
Reports on the Pennsylvania General Assembly's approval of a budget that includes bond authorizations. Issuance of bonds for museum projects; Other bonds included in the budget to finance a variety of capital projects.
- Hawaii Governor Seeks $1 Billion in Bonds for Fiscal 2002-03. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;12/29/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31047, p37
Highlights Hawaii Governor Ben Cayetano's biennial budget proposal for fiscal 2002-03. Proposed issuance of bonds to be used for capital improvements projects; Cayetano's plan to present his bond proposal to the Legislature in January 2001 as part of the budget.
- Contentious Bond Package in Albuquerque Mayor's Hands. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32175, p3
Reports on the presentation of a City Council-approved capital improvement project budget to Albuquerque, New Mexico Mayor Martin Chavez. Commitment made by Chavez to veto several projects funded by the city's biannual general obligation bond package; Tentative date set for an election on the...
- Bipartisan Committee Announces N.Y. Budget Reform Plan. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;4/2/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31855, p4
Reports that a bipartisan legislative committee in New York state has approved a budget reform plan. Provisions of the proposed agreement seeking to put an end to chronic failure of the state legislature to adopt a state budget on time; Implications for the state's municipal bonds market.
- BARs Costiler Than Predicted, CBO Says. Schroeder, Peter; Templer-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;1/27/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33256, p1
The article forecasts the performance of the Build America Bonds (BABs) in the U.S. According to the Congressional Budget Office (CBO), BABs will cost 26 billion dollars more over the next 10 years than previously estimated. CBO also expects a budget deficit of 1.35 trillion dollars for fiscal...
- FLORIDA: 'Undergrounding' GOs? Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/11/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32379, p35
The article reports on the concerns discussed by the Palm Beach Town Council about holding a referendum to ask voters to approve the issuance of general obligation bonds to finance the primary needs of the town in Florida. According to the report, the town officials had estimated that the cost...
- Budget Veto Threat. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31914, p35
Reports that Rhode Island Governor Donald Carcieri has threatened to veto the General Assembly's $5.9 billion spending plan for fiscal 2005. Carcieri's reiteration of his opposition to a bill that would provide municipal bond funding for a hotel development.
- Northeast bond-watch. Meisler, Daniel; Kaplan, David; Hoffman, David; Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;05/10/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30637, p29
Reports on the developments concerning the municipal bond market and local finance in the northeast region of the United States as of May 10, 1999. Increase in tax on cigarettes in Maryland; Rating for South Jersey Transportation Authority's revenue bond sale; New York City Board of...
- North Carolina Extends Budget Talks for Third Time. Sigo, Shelly // Bondbuyer.com;8/27/2015, p1
North Carolina legislators hope that third time is a charm after passing yet another continuing resolution to keep state government running through Sept. 18.