MSRB Issues Agenda For Disclosure Forum
- MSRB to Hold Its Second Disclosure Forum in January. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;08/21/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30958, p6
Announces the holding of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's second disclosure forum in Washington on January 11 and 12, 2001. Aim of the forum; Topics for discussion.
- MSRB Kicks Off Series of Forums on 529 College Savings Plans. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/22/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31745, p5
Reports on the series of forums initiated by the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board. Discussion of college savings plans and municipal fund securities; Importance of broker-dealers to understand their responsibilities to consumers; Involvement of municipal fund securities in college...
- Changes in Pricing Policies. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/6/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31984, p1
Reports on the alteration of the pricing practices for municipal securities by the broker-dealer firms in Washington. Compliance to the guidance issued by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board; Allegation of pricing violations; Responsibility of the broker-dealers for ensuring retail...
- Next phase of MSRB pricing program begins. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;03/02/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30341, p4
Focuses on the start of the next phase of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's (MSRB) price transparency program in the United States on March 2, 1998. Need for dealers to send MSRB pricing and other information from their trades with institutional and retail customers; Concerns about...
- MSRB Issues Plan to Move To Real Time. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;05/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31148, p1
Details the requirement for dealers in the United States to report their municipal securities trades within a specific time after they occur under the real-time reporting system proposed by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) for the municipal market by mid-2003. MSRB solicitation...
- MSRB's Latest Audit Shows Slight Loss Offset by 'Cushion' From Prior Years. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;6/19/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31163, p4
Reports on the financial status of the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board for its fiscal year ending September 30, 2000. Decrease in net assets.
- SEC eases Rule G-32 filing deadlines. // Bond Buyer;07/20/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30438, p36
Focuses on United States Securities and Exchange Commission's approval of an amendment to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's Rule G-32. Removal of any potential timing discrepancies concerning dealer and customer receipt of official statements.
- MSRB Abandons Effort to Ease Independence Standard for Board. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;10/8/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 33992, p1
The article informs that the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) has withdrawn its proposal to amend its Rule A-3 that is related to govern how board members are appointed due to unexpected opposition.
- Health Care Credits Urged To Disclose. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31364, p1
Reports on the topics discussed at a disclosure forum sponsored by the U.S. National Federation of Municipal Analysts (NFMA) and the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board. Focus on the disclosure practices proposed for health care credits; Participation from the Securities and Exchange...