Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Co. Scores Fitch Upgrade
- MMWEC: Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company. // Bond Buyer;01/29/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30320, p18A
Features the Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Co. Key individuals at the electric utility; Statement of management's aims; Rating agency information; Data on municipal bond sales; Review of Web sites.
- MMWEC: Mass. Municipal Wholesale Electric Co. // Bond Buyer;10/07/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30742, p34A
Features the Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Co. Headquarters; Contact information; Top executives; Ratings and outlook; Total 1998 revenues; Bond issues.
- Massachusetts utility gets rating upgrade. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;11/10/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30270, p36
Provides information on rating upgrade of Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Co. (MMWEC), Moody's Investors Service, Fitch Investors Service and Standard & Poors. Impetus behind MMWEC's exchange of credit; Comment of John Wesolowski, MMWEC's chief financial officer on how the companies...
- Recovery of stranded costs an issue in Massachusetts' new deregulation law. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;12/17/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30294, p35
Reports in December 1997, that Moody's Investors Service's signing of Massachusett's electricity deregulation law does not address the recovery of public utilities stranded costs. Credit pressures which the Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electricity Company (MMWEC) will face; Moody's rating...
- MMWEC raises $22.5 million in first CP deal. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;06/05/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30408, p39
Reports that the Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Co. has raised $22.5 million in its first commercial paper deal. Flexibility with cash flows in commercial paper.
- Mass. utility to seek refunding approval. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/15/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30748, p7
Reports that Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Co.'s board of directors has voted to seek state approval to refund its outstanding tax-exempt bond, scheduled for the middle of 2000. Similarity of the deal with previous restructuring programs; Importance of the deal to the company's...
- MMWEC's $96 Million Sale Sets The Stage for Debt Restructuring. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;01/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31052, p1
Focuses on Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Co.'s plan to sell variable-rate bonds to finance a tender offer that will pave the way for its debt restructuring. Goal of ridding its advance refunded debt; Opportunity to use tax-exempt financing in restructuring the balance of its debt;...
- S&P Upgrades MMWEC Nuclear Mix Ratings. // Bond Buyer;9/23/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33388, p7
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) has raised the ratings of the standing bonds for the Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Co.'s Nuclear Mix Projects No. 1-4 from A to A-plus.
- $1.1 Billion Refunding Coming For Mass Municipal Electric Co. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;04/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31125, p1
Reports on the Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Co.'s plan to sell refunding revenue bonds in May 2001 as part of a massive debt restructuring plan. Expected pricing of the bonds in late-May or early June; Selected managers, financial adviser, and bond counsel for the offering.