ABA Seeks IRS Guidance on Federal Guarantee Prohibition
- IRS Awards $800M of CREBs to 610 Projects. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32513, p1
The article reports on the award of bond allocations for projects under the Clean Renewable Energy Bond (CREB) program by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. The 610 projects were selected from 709 applications filed to finance 786 projects with a total value of about $2.6 billion that were...
- Lawyer who isn't: IRS impersonation policy hit. Frank, Cheryl // ABA Journal;Aug85, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p26
Focuses on the Internal Revenue Service guidelines which allow the agents to impersonate lawyers, doctors, clergymen and journalists during investigations in the U.S. Goal of the guideline; Problems associated with impersonation; Stand of the American Bar Association on the issue.
- REPORT OF THE COMMITTEE ON EXEMPT ORGANIZATIONS. Troyer, Thomas A. // Tax Lawyer;Summer74, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p562
Focuses on the report of the Committee on Exempt Organizations of the American Bar Association. Use of special task forces to carry on particular projects; Discussion of legislative prospects and problems; Provisions of the standards adopted by the Internal Revenue Service for qualification of...
- ACTION OF THE HOUSE OF DELEGATES AT ITS MEETING IN PHILADELPHIA, PA., FEBRUARY 16-18, 1976. // Tax Lawyer;Spring76, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p695
Presents recommendations of the sections and committees for the American Bar Association. Approval of the recommendation of the Minnesota Bar and the Section on Corporation, Banking and Business Law; Regulation of laws on Internal Revenue Service (IRS) audits and investigations; Prohibition of...
- IRS Formalizes Voluntary Closing Agreement Program. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;9/26/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31231, p5
Reports on the formalization of the voluntary closing agreement program of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in the United States. Purpose of the IRS move; Proposal presented by the American Bar Association; Promotion of compliance among issuers and conduit borrowers.
- CHARITABLE DEDUCTIONS APPROVED. Lynch, C.J. // ABA Journal;Jun87, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p156
Reports on the American Bar Endowment's (ABE) restructuring of its group insurance program it administers for members, which is the center of controversy between the ABE and the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Option of individual members regarding the assignment of dividends; Affirmation by the...
- ABA Backs IRS on Exempting Some Bond Opinions. DEPAUL, JENNIFER // Bond Buyer;11/29/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33821, p3
The article informs that American Bar Association (ABA) has told to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that it supports the proposed regulations "Circular 230," that would be helpful in removing standards for state and local bond opinions in the U.S.
- VITA Program Offers Students Tax Preparation Experience. // Student Lawyer;Feb2009, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p42
The article reports that law students across the U.S. are providing low-income taxpayers with tax counseling as part of the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. The American Bar Association (ABA) Section of Taxation's Low Income Taxpayers Committee, in association with the Law Student...
- REPORT OF THE COMMITTEE ON ADMINISTRATIVE PRACTICE. Kaplan, Jared // Tax Lawyer;Summer80, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p1041
Presents the report of the Committee on Administrative Practice of the Section of Taxation of the American Bar Association of the United States as of June 1980. Revision of procedures in the Internal Revenue Service; Exclusion of the Gift Tax marital deduction; Discovery procedures in statutory...