Philly's Fields of Dreams?
- Bond Issue for Houston Texans' Stadium Reaches Goal Line. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;04/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31125, p5
Reports on the Harris County Sports Authority's issuance of revenue bonds to finance a new football stadium for the Houston Texans. Amount of the bonds issued; Lead manager and co-managers for the deal.
- Green Bay-Brown County Board Ready With Packers Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;04/17/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31119, p32
Reports on the plan of the board overseeing the renovation of Green Bay, Wisconsin's Lambeau Field to sell fixed-rate bonds and floating-rate paper in a deal that will wrap up public financing for the project. Amount of bonds to be issued; State Board of Commissioners of Public Land Trust's...
- N.J. County Announces $150M Deal for New Soccer Stadium. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;8/5/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32190, p3
Reports on the Hudson County, New Jersey Improvement Authority's plan to sell tax-exempt bonds as part of a plan announced on August 4, 2005 to build a stadium for the MetroStars professional soccer team. Total amount to be raised from the sale; Location and construction cost of the proposed...
- Builders Set to Play Ball. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/8/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32376, p37
This article reports that the Washington, D.C. government broke ground on a baseball stadium after selling $535 million in tax-exempt and taxable municipal bonds to finance stadium construction. The average annual debt service on the bonds is estimated to be $38 million over 30 years. The...
- D.C. Committees OK Stadium Plan; Barry Returns to Council. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p7
Reports that two Washington, D.C., council committees have approved Mayor Anthony Williams' proposed baseball stadium and community development package. Municipal bond financing included in the package; Bond issues and tax legislation required to finance the stadium's construction.
- Arizona Agency OKs Up to $45M for Stadium Infrastructure. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31987, p3
Reports that the Arizona Sports and Tourism Authority (ASTA) board voted to issue up to $45 million of revenue bonds for infrastructure upgrades around the Arizona Cardinals football stadium under construction in Glendale. Possibilithy that ASTA would issue only $33 million by the end of...
- ARKANSAS: Extra! Press Box Debt OK'd. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/6/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33195, p9
The article reports on the approval of the 4 million U.S. dollar revenue bonds by trustees of the War Memorial Stadium Commission to help finance the football stadium's press box in Little Rock, Arkansas. The guarantee for the debt payment will derive from the stadium's advertising, rent, and...
- Revised Virginia Ballpark Plan to Lure Expos Includes Mostly Taxable Debt. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/22/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31910, p25
Reports on the plan to sell 418 million dollars of 30-year municipal bonds to finance for a professional baseball stadium by the Virginia Baseball Stadium Authority in Virginia. Role of the Richmond-based Virginia Resources Authority to sell the bonds; Function of the state of Virginia to rebate...
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31022, p27
Presents new briefs pertaining to municipal bonds and public finance in the Southwestern States as of November 21, 2000. Pulaski County Special School District's request for a property tax increase; Bennington farmers and ranchers' opposition against the passage of a school bond issue.