How Do You Like Your Universal Coverage?
- Newsletter. Sweeney, Rosemarie; Rose, Verna L. // American Family Physician;11/01/99, Vol. 60 Issue 7, p1901
Presents news and information on health and medical care in the United States (US) as of November 1999. Passage of US legislative bill on comprehensive managed care reform; Increase in the number of citizens without health insurance in the US; Election of officers of the American Academy of...
- AAFP calls Clinton health care plan a `starting point for reform'. // American Family Physician;1/1/94, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p37
Reports that on December 1, 1993, the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) became the first medical group to support President Clinton's health care legislation. Elements of the plan approved by most physicians; Other health plans in congress.
- Five congressional committees work on health care reform legislation. // American Family Physician;5/15/94, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p1583
Focuses on five United States congressional committees responsible for deciding the shape of health care reform legislation. Call made by the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) for members to air the views of family physicians on reform issues.
- Academy leaders visit Capitol Hill to discuss health reform. // American Family Physician;6/1/94, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p1691
Reports on the lobbying campaign by members of the American Academy of Family Physicians' Commission on Legislation and Governmental Affairs in Congress about the health care reform. Visit to key congressional offices to advocate for the organization's legislative agenda.
- MEDICAL GROUPS PUSH LIABILITY REFORM BILL. // Medical Economics;2/10/2011, Vol. 88 Issue 3, p23
The article reports on the support given to the Help Efficient, Accessible, Low Cost, Timely Healthcare (HEALTH) Act of 2011 by 100 medical and physician organizations in the U.S. including the American Academy of Family Physicians, the American College of Physicians, and the American Medical...
- Family Physicians Urge Passage of Managed Care Reform Act. Sweeney, Rosemarie; Rose, Verna L. // American Family Physician;04/01/99, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p1725
Reports that the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) is urging the United States Congress to pass a managed care reform act that secures basic rights for patients in managed care organizations. Provisions sought by AAFP; Concerns expressed by AAFP.
- AAFP Supports Managed Care Reform Act. Sweeney, Rosemarie; Rose, Verna L. // American Family Physician;4/15/1999, Vol. 59 Issue 8, p2080
Presents information on a managed care reform act, H.R. 719, passed by the United States House of Representatives in 1998. Views of the American Academy of Family Physicians on the bill; Significance of the bill.
- Partnership delivers $13 million in medical aid to... Sweeney, Rosemarie; Rose, Verna L. // American Family Physician;11/1/1997, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p1706
Provides information on the `Physicians with Heart' program, a partnership of the American Academy of Family Physician (AAFP), the AAFP Foundation and Heart to Heart International in its fifth year of service. How the program delivers medical aid to the Republic of Georgia; Person awarded as...
- aafp NEWS NOW. // American Family Physician;1/1/2008, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p23
This section offers news briefs related to the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) in the U.S. as of January 2008. AAFP Board chair Rick Kellerman states the need to change some of the provisions of the proposed Medical Homes Act. AAFP and other organizations has decided to participate...