'Expanding' records and capabilities
- Shetland gasline plan has multiple benefits. Beckman, Jeremy // Offshore;Sep99, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p18
Reports that BP Amoco is considering importing gas to its Magnus oil field in Shetland, Scotland. Options considered by the company to boost oil production; Advantages of the plan.
- Control optimization on Ula cuts $1million/year in CO2 taxes. Hocking, Paul // Offshore;Jul99, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p89
Reports on the installation of Honeywell Robust Multivariable Predictive Control Technology at Norway's Ula oil field by the BP Amoco PLC group on March 1999. One of the features of the late-life operation; How the control technology was implemented; Benefits gained from the installation.
- More extended reach wells at Wytch Farm. Beckman, Jeremy // Offshore;Sep99, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p18
Reports that BP Amoco continued to bring onstream world record length extended reach wells at its declining Wytch Farm oilfield on the Dorset coast in England. Strategy used to aid torque management on the M16 well drilled; Information on the BP Amoco-operated field, Bruce.
- BP Amoco planning to join Bangestan bidding in Iran. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;7/28/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 30, p11
Reports on the plan of Great Britain-based BP Amoco to join bidding for three oil field projects in Bangestan, Iran area. Tender issued by the National Iranian Oil Co.; Three European firms shortlisted for the project; Worth of the Bangestan project if awarded as a single package.
- BP to pour more than £1 billion into UK oil. // Professional Engineering;1/26/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p6
The article reports that BP has revealed plans to spend $2 billion on its Great Britain's North Sea business in 2005. The company intends to invest $780 million in projects including an extension of the Magnus oil field and development drilling of the Clair oilfield, both near Shetland. An...
- BP Amoco plastic thermally conductive. // Plastics News;06/12/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 15, p28
Reports on BP Amoco Polymers Inc.'s push for its thermally conductive plastics as a substitute for metal.
- BP unveils range of `cleaner fuels'. Wilkinson, Amanda // Marketing Week (01419285);02/18/99, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p9
No abstract available.
- Horizontal casings/liners can be cemented with success equal to that of vertical ones. McPherson, S. A. // Offshore;Apr2001, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p60
Focuses on the cementing practices and procedures that have been developed on a number of BP Amoco Wytch Farm wells in North Sea. Outline of the wellbore; Advantage of increased displacement and circulation rates to mud removal; ECD values seen while cementing horizontal wells.
- Unmasking the problem. Klen, David S. // Roads & Bridges;May2001, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p32
Focuses on a low-fuming asphalt product introduced by BP Amoco in 2000. Applications in helping hot-mix plant operators and paving contractors minimize fumes and odors from mix plants and paving job sites; Criteria that are important for the development of specifications for the product;...