Judgment Day Looms for Nassau County's Budget Impasse
- Nassau OKs Budget Cuts to Win Bailout. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;06/16/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30914, p4
Reports that Nassau County, New York, and New York State lawmakers have apparently agreed on a package of cuts to the county's budget that should allow it to begin benefiting from a state bailout package. Concern about the county's credit rating.
- Suozzi's Plan for Long-Troubled Nassau County, N.Y., Approved. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;4/17/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31367, p29
Reports the approval of the county Legislature on the plan of county executive Thomas Suozzi to restore budget stability to Long Island county in Nassau County, New York.
- $3.6M restored to youth service programs in Nassau Co. // New York Amsterdam News;08/10/2000, Vol. 91 Issue 32, p47
Reports on Nassau County, New York legislator Patrick Williams' announcement of the restoration of funds to the county's Youth Services Budget. Reduction of wasteful government spending; Fostering of programs such as youth development, mentoring, violence prevention, teen pregnancy prevention...
- With all else lost, it's time to work on the vison thing. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/15/99, Vol. 46 Issue 42, p62A
Comments on the reduction of Nassau County, New York Executive Thomas Gulotta's proposed budget. Decline in Gulotta's popularity; Need for the implementation of changes in the government; Gulotta's loss of political staff members.
- Gimmicks galore in Gulotta's game. Kremer // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);09/24/99, Vol. 46 Issue 39, p71A
Comments on the proposed budget of Nassau County, New York. County Executive Tom Gulotta's gimmicks; Disappearance of one shot revenues; Increase in police district tax; Sacrifice from government employees.
- Suozzi's sewer authority was no easy sell. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/4/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 28, p34A
Focuses on the political issues faced in Long Island, New York. Importance of the fiscal crisis in Nassau County to the public employees and residents; Campaign of County Executive Tom Suozzi for the state Legislature to give him a Nassau County Sewer and Storm Water Authority; Reluctance of...
- Nassau Co. to cut jobs, raise taxes. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;11/02/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30760, p1
Reports on Wall Street financial professionals' support for the $2.2 billion budget passed by the legislature of Nassau County of New York state. Agreement to cut government jobs and raise property taxes as step in the right direction to fiscal recovery; Lead role of Republican Party...
- Begin planning new Nassau Coliseum now. Kiernan, John // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/19/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 17, p51A
Focuses on the impact of budget problems on the planned coliseum in Nassau County, New York. Discussions about the coliseum and another full-service hotel when the Millstein/Gluckstern group acquired by the New York Islanders of the National Hockey League (NHL); Involvement of NHL president...
- Gulotta Wants Nassau County to Save $18.5 Million With Refinancing. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;04/13/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30870, p32
Reports on Nassau County, New York Executive Thomas Gulotta's endorsement of a large scale restructuring of the county's outstanding debt as part of a plan to resolve the structural budget deficits. Spending cuts separately proposed by the Democratic caucus of the county Legislature.