Denton County Residents Say Development Owners Illegally Dodging Taxes
- Too much local property getting a free ride. Finn, Kathy // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);01/17/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p25
Discusses the various aspects of property tax exemption in New Orleans, Louisiana. Shortcoming in the financing of local government; Organization claiming a nonprofit exemption; Treatment of exemptions in the state constitution.
- Illinois. // Assessment Journal;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p15
Talks about a court decision regarding tax exemption for property leased by nonprofit corporations in Illinois. Conditions for exemption under Illinois law; Application for exemption by a nonprofit corporation; Provisions denying an exemption.
- New Jersey. // Assessment Journal;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p18
Looks at two property tax cases in New Jersey. City of Newark, et al versus Essex County Board of Taxation; Bryant, et al. versus City of Atlantic City, et al.; Rule on abating real property taxes; Limits to property tax exemptions.
- Tennessee. // Assessment Journal;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p19
Presents property tax news in Tennessee in 1998. Rule on income limit for qualification by the elderly and disabled for homestead relief; Tax exemption of nonprofit communities; Conditions for personal property tax exemption.
- FLORIDA. // Property Tax Alert;Jul2010, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p6
The article announces the approval of bill SB1752 regarding the local government's authority in Florida to extend economic development property tax exemptions for a subsequent period of ten years.
- City Adopts Ren Zone Tax Rules. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;06/21/99, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p15
Reports on Grand Rapids, Michigan's adoption of a policy for dealing with delinquent taxpayers who own property in the Renaissance Zone, acres of nearly tax-free land. Qualifications for tax exemptions provided by the zone.
- Oregon. // Assessment Journal;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p21
Reports on the granting of a property tax exemption to real and personal property used for wastewater or sewage treatment and owned by nonprofit corporation that was in existence as of January 1, 1997. Provision of the tax exemption; How additional property taxes can be authorized by majority...
- Washington. // Assessment Journal;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p22
Reports on the requirements for improvements to real and personal property for the benefit of wildlife habitats or water quality to qualify for tax exemption. Requirements for air pollution control equipments to qualify for property tax exemption.
- LEGAL briefs. // eFocus on Municipal Assessment & Taxation;3/3/2014, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p3
The article offers information on the government-owned properties which are not exempted from taxes in North Dakota.