Mitchell Herr Leaves SEC for Private Firm
- Attorney Herr to Leave SEC for Private Firm. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/02/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30987, p5
Cites plans by United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regional trial counsel Mitchell E. Herr to leave the SEC to join the law firm of Holland & Knight in Miami, Florida. Herr's career achievements.
- Attorneys Howl Over Noisy Withdrawal. // SCOR Report;Dec2002, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p3
Presents information on the rules proposed by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in accordance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act to govern lawyers.
- Rule 2(e) Proceedings. Marsh Jr., Harold // Business Lawyer;Apr80, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p987
Focuses on the rule 2(e) proceedings of the Securities and Exchange Commission in the United States. Overview on the history of rule 2(e); Specific provisions on the rule; Statutory basis for the adoption of the rule by the Commission.
- SEC Injunctive Proceedings Against Attorneys. Mathews, Arthur F. // Business Lawyer;Jul81, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p1819
Examines the United States Securities and Exchange Commission's injunctive proceedings against attorneys in the United States. Consideration on attorney-client privileges; Reference to the law applicable to lawyers in municipal bond offerings; Concerns on the protection of public rights.
- Considerations in Representing Attorneys in civil and Criminal Enforcement Proceedings. Naftalis, Gary P. // Business Lawyer;Jul81, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p1877
Examines the considerations in representing attorneys in civil and criminal enforcement proceedings in the United States. Interest of the Securities and Exchange Commission in criminal prosecutions and enforcement actions against lawyers; Discussions of the book on the Grand Jury by Judge...
- SEC: Labels, roles often don't matter in disclosure cases. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;05/14/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30641, p4
Focuses on the views of United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) officials concerning the liability of bond issue lawyers in preparing fraudulent disclosures. Standards set by the SEC for bond lawyers; Potential violations in the securities fraud law.
- Comments to SEC Zero in on Agency Authority. Middleton, Martha // American Bar Association Journal;Mar1982, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p252
Reports on the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) request for comments on its proposed standards of conduct for attorneys. Questions regarding SEC authority to adopt and administer such standards; American Bar Association Board of Government's position that the SEC lacks the...
- Liabilities of Lawyers Under the Federal Securities Laws. Mathews, Arthur F. // Business Lawyer;Mar75 Special issue, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p105
Focuses on the liabilities of lawyers under the federal securities laws in the United States. Need of the Securities and Exchange Commission to raise professional standards; Disarray in a number of judicial decisions in the country; Statutory liability of attorneys on negligence.
- Air Force Counsel Now Flies High in Private Practice. // Corporate Legal Times;May2001, Vol. 11 Issue 114, p82
Reports on former United States Air Force undersecretary Carol DiBattiste's move to Holland & Knight LLP as a partner in the litigation department. DiBattiste's reasons for going into private law practice; DiBattiste's career history.