Bill Drafted to Let N.J. Refund $500 Million of Revenue Bonds
- Whitman announces N.J. development plans. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;01/21/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30314, p40
Reports on New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman's announcement of a $400 million borrowing program designed to develop abandoned property in the state's urban centers. Proposed initiative that would aid cities in acquiring and redeveloping abandoned properties; Authorization of the New...
- Republican Response. Whitman, Christie // Congressional Digest;Mar1995, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p67
Presents excerpts from New Jersey Governor Christie Whitman's State of the Union Response delivered January 24, 1995. Financial issues; Tax increases; Welfare reform; Opposition to the balanced budget amendment.
- Silenced swings. // Northern New Jersey Business;5/3/95, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p3
Reports on New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman's refusal of the plan for an 18-hole golf course and other improvements in the Liberty State Park in Jersey City. Preservation of the park as the main reason.
- Perk watch. // Money;Forecast 1994, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p16
Comments on the possible change of mind by Christine Todd Whitman of New Jersey, who said during the campaign that, if she was elected governor she would sell the state's Sikorsky helicopter. Her comments after the election and her incorrect statements about the helicopter.
- Christine Todd Whitman. // People;12/26/94, Vol. 42 Issue 26, p88
Focuses on Christine Todd Whitman, one of `People' magazine's twenty-five most intriguing people of 1994. Her victory in the New Jersey gubernatorial election; Career highlights of 1994; How she has become a voice for Republican moderates; Her future political potential.
- Keeping politics out of tourism. Jacobs, Charles // Central New Jersey Business;4/5/95, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p15
Praises Governor Christine Todd Whitman as the first New Jersey governor who does not capitalize on the advertising budget for tourism to promote her own name.
- Politician for the people. Vihos, Lisa // New Moon;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p32
Profiles Christine Todd Whitman, first woman governor of New Jersey. Early childhood and introduction to politics; Campaign promises and feminist views; Possibility of candidacy for vice president or president of the United States.
- Keeping promises. Ponessa, Joan; Linky, Don // State Government News;Mar95, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p10
Profiles New Jersey's first woman governor, Christine Todd Whitman. Popularity as reflected in opinion polls; Tax cuts proposed; Reliance of Whitman's state budget on continued economic upswing.
- Whitman faces finance balancing act in N.J. Diegmueller, Karen // Education Week;1/12/94, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p17
Focuses on the function and issues to be addressed by Christine Todd. Whitman as the new Governor of New Jersey; Approach to issues of state education funding; Education funding problems.