Consumer Confidence Index Falls in Nov
- Consumer Confidence Falls to 114.4 in Jan. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;01/31/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31067, p2
Informs that the consumer confidence index in the United States fell in January 2001, according to the Conference Board. Implications for the U.S. economy.
- Consumer Confidence Down For Fourth Month in a Row. // American Banker;10/27/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 207, p22
Reports on the drop in consumer confidence in the United States economy amid concern over declining stock prices. Comparison of confidence between October 1998 and October 1999; Holiday sales; Unemployment; Consumer price inflation; Hourly earnings.
- Retail Sales Flat in Oct.; Vehicles Stuck in Reverse. // American Banker;11/15/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 219, p25
Compares retail sales in September and October of 1999 in the United States. Expanding consumers' income; Consumer confidence; Comments by Goldman Sachs & Co. auto analyst Gary Lapidus.
- Confidence falling. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;09/13/99, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p29
Reveals the factors blamed for the decline in consumer confidence in the United States in August 1999.
- Consumer confidence gains from January. Maxwell, Alison // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/24/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 36, p19
Focuses on the gain in consumer confidence in the United States during January 1999. Overview on the factors attributing to the increase in consumer confidence within the American industry; Prediction of a slower pace of economic expansion in the country in 1999 due to the slightly higher...
- Consumer Confidence Plunges in Dec. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;12/29/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31047, p2
Reports on the decline of the consumer confidence index in the United States for the month of December 2000, according to a report by the Conference Board. Decline of the consumer confidence index since September; Overall index; Decline in the number of consumers who rated current business...
- The Fed Plays a Confidence Game. Scarry, Donald M. // Business News New Jersey;05/08/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p20
Focuses on economic conditions in New Jersey and across the United States, as of May 8, 2001. Level of consumer confidence; Effects of federal interest rate cuts on the economy.
- Virtual Downturn? Jancsurak, Joe // Appliance Manufacturer;May2001, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p5
Editorial. Focuses on the reaction of consumers to the economic downturn of the United States in 2001. Increase in the percentage of industry revenues as of the first quarter; Consumer confidence in spending despite the decline in the economy; Need for business leaders to tighten their...
- Elusive rebound is ever just ahead. Francis, David R. // Christian Science Monitor;8/20/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 186, p1
Discusses the outlook for the recovery of the United States economy as of August 20, 2001. Decrease in interest rates by the U.S. Federal Reserve Board; Outlook for consumer confidence; Decision of companies to lay off employees.