Durable Goods Orders Decline
- Electrolux Q1 N. America Sales, Income Decline. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;05/21/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p37
Reports the decline of the sales of Electrolux appliances in the United States as of the first quarter of 2001. Core appliances of the company; Net sales of consumer durables in North America; Details on the market for floor-care products.
- Tough tech tools for hard hats and weekend warriors alike. Terrell, Kenneth // U.S. News & World Report;03/06/2000, Vol. 128 Issue 9, p52
Evaluates several high-tech products designed to be durable enough for people with active lifestyles. Panasonic Toughbook computer; Nextel i700plus wireless phone; Canon ELPH Sport camera; Concept Kitchen Bumper, a device designed to protect handheld organizers.
- Durable Goods Orders Up 3.7% in September; Ex-Transportation Falls 0.1%. // Bond Buyer;10/28/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34002, p1
The article reports that U.S. durables orders have increased by 3.7 percent in September 2013 while excluding transportation has decreased by 0.1 percent. It informs that the airplane manufacturer Boeing Co. has reported 127 new orders as of September 2013. It mentions that machinery orders have...
- Electronics ring holiday cash registers. // SCTXtra;1/9/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p1
The article reports that demand for personal electronic goods have hiked sales of electronic products. C. Britt Beemer, chairman of America's Research Group Inc., reported that electronics sales in 2005 were up 6% to 9% over holiday period in 2004. Retail consulting firm NPD Group Inc. indicated...
- FEDERAL RESERVE BANK SEES CONDITIONS PROMISING THROUGH END OF YEAR. // American Machinist;Sep2006, Vol. 150 Issue 9, p8
The article focuses on the "Beige Book" report of the U.S. Federal Reserve Bank about the economic outlook for manufacturing industries in the U.S. According to the report, demand was strong for durable goods, electrical equipment and information technology products. There are plans among...
- Durable goods orders flying low. // Home Textiles Today;2/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p31
Reports on orders for durable goods in the U.S. for December 2002.
- News In Brief: Durable Goods Orders Off 8.5% in Sept. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;10/26/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31252, p2
Reports on decline in demand for durable consumer goods in September 2001 in Washington. Percentage decline in orders of consumer goods; Decline in the amount of orders for consumer goods in August 2001.
- News in Brief: Durable Goods Orders Decline. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;12/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31294, p2
Report on the fall in the demand for durable goods in the U.S. as of December 2001. Factors contributing to the fall.
- Durable equipment investment. // Economic Trends (07482922);Aug97, p11
Examines investment trends in durable equipment in the United States, from 1970 to 1997. Surge in nonresidential fixed investment in the 1990s; Growth of durable equipment sales; Supply-side factors contributing to the growth of investment; Durables' share of investment in the first half of 1997.