An Offer They Could Not Refuse
- Washington Set for Sale of Two GO Bond Series, Totaling $466 Million. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;01/23/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31062, p6
Reports the sale of the general obligation bonds of Washington. Expectation for the competitive bidding of the bonds; Use of the bond issues for the transportation construction projects; Information on the rating assigned by Standard & Poor's on the state bonds.
- More hospitals take the tender approach. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;12/11/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 51, p50
Focuses on the move of Trinity Health of Novi, Michigan and Saint Peter's University Hospital in New Brunswick, New Jersey to buy back their bonds. How Bonnie Seigal, senior vice president of investment banking at First Albany Corp., describes the hospitals' move; Terms of the deal; Brief...
- Illinois Happy With Bids, Rates on GOs Despite Recent Troubles. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/9/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33095, p4
The article reports on the satisfied feedback on the general obligation (GO) bonds' performance in Illinois in 2009. The state government disclosed to be contented on its bids and ratings on GOs as of April 7, revealing to receive nine bids on its $150 million competitive sale of GO bonds. The...
- Connecticut authority enters into tender offer to refund CCRC debt. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;07/23/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30689, p4
Reports that the Connecticut Development Authority is launching a tender offer for as much as $37.5 million of bonds for a nonprofit continuing care retirement center. Company managing the transaction; Operator of the retirement center; Financing of the offer; Moody's Investors Service's rating...
- Weekly T-Bills Go At 3.850%, 4.065%. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;10/25/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32245, p2
Reports on the increase in the tender rates for the U.S. Dept. of the Treasury. Percentage of increase; Factors contributing to the increase; Amount of median bid.
- Wayne County Approves Consent Deal With State. Devitt, Caitlin // Bondbuyer.com;8/13/2015, p1
The Wayne County Commission Thursday approved a consent agreement with Michigan that will mean a partial state takeover for the struggling county.
- Wisconsin's BAB Experiment. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/27/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33121, p1
The article reports on the decision of the state government of Wisconsin to sell $102 million of general obligation bonds in a deal divided into two series. It notes that the state will accept only tax-exempt bids on its A series for $31.9 million that will mature between 2012 and 2019 and...
- Weekly T-Bills Go At 4.375%, 4.500%. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;2/7/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32314, p2
The article reports on the latest tender rates for the Treasury Department's bills. The 91-day and 182-day discount bills were given mixed rates. The three-months incurred a 4.375 percent high rate, and the six-months obtained 4.500 percent high rate. The median bid on the 91 was 4.360 percent...
- Sealed Bids Invited. the TFMG Bond Research Group // Bond Buyer;10/24/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31250, p13
Presents information about tender offers presented in several U.S. states as of October 24, 2001.