- History You Can Eat. Walcott, Dana // Essence (Time Inc.);Feb2012, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p138
The article presents recipes from the African-American culinary tradition including smothered chicken, black-eyed pea fritters, and shrimp and grits with okra.
- CULTURAL PLEASURES. // New Crisis (15591603);Nov98, Vol. 105 Issue 5, p36
Presents two recipes which carry the tradition of celebrating African American culture. Harlem Savory Waffles With Fried Chicken and Gravy; Chicken and Gravy.
- chicken potpies. Grimes, Julianna // Cooking Light;Sep2013, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p77
A recipe is presented for Biscuit-Topped Chicken Potpie, with further instructions for making an alternative topping that is flaky pastry instead of biscuit.
- fast and easy. // Australian Women's Weekly;Jun2004, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p195
Presents several recipes, including Individual Mexican Cottage Pies and Moroccan Chicken With Couscous.
- Chicken Pot Pie. Libal, Joyce // Amish & Mennonite, American Regional Cooking Library;2004, p28
This section presents the recipe Chicken Pot Pie. INSET: Amish Culture.
- spice it up. // Good Health (Australia Edition);Aug2010, p150
The article presents several recipes for Moroccan dishes including chicken tagine with figs and walnuts, roasted vegetable couscous, and hazelnut and date tart.
- Shepherd's pie warms you up with Western flair. // Nebraska Farmer;Feb2012, Vol. 154 Issue 2, p137
A recipe for Western Shepherd's Pie is presented.
- The winter church. // Yankee;Jan99, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p42
Focuses on a chicken pie recipe used for fund raising in 1910 by the Ladies Benevolent Society in Blandford, Massachusetts. Description of the procedures, ingredients and nutrition value of the pies.
- The Secret History of Chicken & Waffles. FIRZPATRICK, TARA // Food Management;Jan2015, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p26
The article offers information on history of the dish's chicken and waffles. Topics discussed include views of Adrian Miller, culinary historian, on people belief related to origin of the dish, African American culture as the originator of the dish and narration of Antonio Alano, a chef from...