MAKING SUBSTITUTIONS: VEGAN FOR THE HOLIDAYS
- VEGETARIAN QUANTITY RECIPES. // Vegetarian Journal's Foodservice Update;Autumn2002, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p10
Presents three vegetarian recipes that use tofu. Miso Tofu Brochettes with Pineapple; Three Berry Frozen Tofu Custard; Tofu Sour Cream.
- Recipe Corner. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p110
Presents several vegetarian cookery. Tofu Tetrazzini; Five Bean Casserole; Four-Cheese Macaroni; Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie; Spicy Grilled Vegetable Orecchiette.
- Vegetarian Recipe Corner. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p114
Presents several vegetarian cookery. Monterey Skillet; Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers; White Beans With Cilantro, Lemon & Oranges; Tofu Stir-Fry; Artichoke Hearts & Hearts of Palm Salad.
- Eggles Salad. Farrel-Kingsley, Kathy // Vegetarian Times;May99, Issue 261, p58
Presents the recipe for Tofu Salad Sandwich. List of ingredients; Preparation instructions.
- Prime cuts. Robertson, Robin // Vegetarian Times;Apr98, Issue 248, p57
Demonstrates how soyfood products like tofu and tempeh can be used as meat alternatives for vegetarian menus. Nutritional content of tofu and tempeh; Uses of textured vegetable protein (TVP); Nutritional value of soybean-base foods; Example of recipe using soybean-base foods.
- Meatless Makeovers. Berkoff, Nancy // FoodService Director;5/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p48
Presents advice to foodservice operators on offering vegetarian cuisine. Types of dishes that can be provided for vegetarian and vegan customers; Examples of ingredients that can be substituted for meat, including tofu; Recommended recipes.
- VEGETARIAN QUANTITY RECIPES. // Vegetarian Journal's Foodservice Update;Spring2001, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p8
The article presents several vegetarian recipes including Smoky Tofu Topping, Thai Lime-Onion Soup, Garlic-Cilantro Wraps, and Vegetable Tofu Salad.
- veggie bits. // Vegetarian Journal;2005, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p30
Offers information on vegetarian products. Silk's introduction of live!, a cultured soy smoothie; Pland Co.'s offer of vegan personal care items; Amy's Kitchen's introduction of an Organic Tofu Scramble for breakfast; Mediterranean Delights' Mock Chicken Tempeh Salad and Curried Ginger Tempeh...
- a fine romance. Simon, Marla // Vegetarian Times;Jan/Feb2008, Issue 355, p58
Several vegetable recipes are presented, including Wild Mushroom Bruschetta, Lemony Bulgur With Arugula, and Crispy Tofu Heart.