MAKING SUBSTITUTIONS: VEGAN FOR THE HOLIDAYS
- VEGETARIAN QUANTITY RECIPES. // Vegetarian Journal's Foodservice Update;Autumn2002, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p10
Presents three vegetarian recipes that use tofu. Miso Tofu Brochettes with Pineapple; Three Berry Frozen Tofu Custard; Tofu Sour Cream.
- Eggles Salad. Farrel-Kingsley, Kathy // Vegetarian Times;May99, Issue 261, p58
Presents the recipe for Tofu Salad Sandwich. List of ingredients; Preparation instructions.
- Recipe Corner. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p110
Presents several vegetarian cookery. Tofu Tetrazzini; Five Bean Casserole; Four-Cheese Macaroni; Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie; Spicy Grilled Vegetable Orecchiette.
- Vegetarian Recipe Corner. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p114
Presents several vegetarian cookery. Monterey Skillet; Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers; White Beans With Cilantro, Lemon & Oranges; Tofu Stir-Fry; Artichoke Hearts & Hearts of Palm Salad.
- Prime cuts. Robertson, Robin // Vegetarian Times;Apr98, Issue 248, p57
Demonstrates how soyfood products like tofu and tempeh can be used as meat alternatives for vegetarian menus. Nutritional content of tofu and tempeh; Uses of textured vegetable protein (TVP); Nutritional value of soybean-base foods; Example of recipe using soybean-base foods.
- Meatless Makeovers. Berkoff, Nancy // FoodService Director;5/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p48
Presents advice to foodservice operators on offering vegetarian cuisine. Types of dishes that can be provided for vegetarian and vegan customers; Examples of ingredients that can be substituted for meat, including tofu; Recommended recipes.
- VEGETARIAN QUANTITY RECIPES. // Vegetarian Journal's Foodservice Update;Spring2001, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p8
The article presents several vegetarian recipes including Smoky Tofu Topping, Thai Lime-Onion Soup, Garlic-Cilantro Wraps, and Vegetable Tofu Salad.
- veggie bits. // Vegetarian Journal;2005, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p30
Offers information on vegetarian products. Silk's introduction of live!, a cultured soy smoothie; Pland Co.'s offer of vegan personal care items; Amy's Kitchen's introduction of an Organic Tofu Scramble for breakfast; Mediterranean Delights' Mock Chicken Tempeh Salad and Curried Ginger Tempeh...
- TOFU, MUSHROOMS AND MORE: MEAT ALTERNATIVES. // FoodService Director;9/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p61
Focuses on various foods that can be used as meat substitutes to meet the increasing demand for vegetarian meals in the U.S. Ways of marinating tofu and mushrooms; Information on soy substitutes for chunk chicken and chunk beef.