Asian as comfort food
- Sampling aids new items. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p98
Offers a look at the Asian food offerings of food service facilities on hospitals and health care centers in the United States. Sample menu; Price of Asian menus; Preparation tips for Asian foods.
- Expanding the Asian Empire. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;2/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p54
This article reports on the increasing popularity of Asian cuisine across the U.S. and how schools and healthcare institutions try to incorporate more Asian food in their kitchens. A dining services director in a university even plans to hire Asian celebrity chefs to work with and train staff in...
- Sutter RNs Settle Most Outstanding Contracts, but Work Not Over. // Registered Nurse: Journal of Patient Advocacy;Sep2008, Vol. 104 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on the settlement achieved by Sutter Health's registered nurses (RNs) for keeping Sutter Santa Rosa in California open for the community. However, negotiators for California Pacific Medical Center and Saint Luke's Hospital in San Francisco refused to particpate in the...
- Unique rehab park unveiled. Hemmelgarn, Seth // Bay Area Reporter;11/29/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 48, p17
The article emphasizes the contribution made by Kenneth C. Archibald, California Pacific Medical Center's former head of rehabilitative medicine, towards the construction of a unique park at the center. The park, accordingly, is designed to ease the transition out of the hospital for people with...
- CA medical center opens acute rehab unit. // AHA News;2/27/95, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p5
Reports on the opening of an acute rehabilitation center at the California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco, California.
- ASIAN ORIENTATION. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p99
Reports on the popularity of Asian cuisines in non-commercial food service in the United States. Examples of the menus; Promotion of Asian foods in corporate food service; Method of preparation.
- Menuing Asian every day. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p110
Reports on the popularity of Asian dishes among corporate customers in the United States. Examples of food served by Restaurant Associates in The Time Inc. dining room; Incorporation of made-to-order sushi bar with sushi chef At AON Center; Preparation for a Mongolian wok program.
- Authenticity on-the-rise. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;1/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p62
Focuses on Asian cuisine offered by some foodservice contractors in the United States. Success of Darryl Sams' noodle bowl concept at Lucent Technologies' headquarters in Naperville, Illinois; Dishes featured at Saute Station on Cisco Systems campus in North Carolina; Information on Steve...
- MENUS: Portable foods, ethnic cuisine to set the pace. // FoodService Director;01/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p46
Predicts the emergence of portable foods and ethnic cuisine in foodservice in 2001. Growing trend toward Asian dishes; Popularity of self-serve foods; Trends in healthcare foodservice.