In search of healthy fare
- Discovering the Depths of Southeast Asia. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;2/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p40
The article focuses on the popularity of Asian cuisine in universities and colleges in the U.S. Boston College dining director Helen Wechsler of Massachusetts states that the student advisory committee and focus groups prefer Vietnamese food. Catering manager Betse Curtis cites that Asian theme...
- National uniformity in textbooks and curriculum. // National Uniformity in Textbooks & Curriculum;2009, p347
Provides information for improving schools and colleges based on the extracted notes from the charter of Franklin College. Duties of educator Dr. Robert Finley at the University of Georgia; Why the interests of classical science in United States are suffering materially; Measures to be...
- American Colleges and Universities. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p255
No abstract available.
- Furtive surveillance on campus. Franke, Ann H. // Academe;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p104
Discusses the impact of furtive surveillance on campus. Potential of hidden cameras or tape recorders to impair the exchanges of ordinary life; Case of Hayden White versus Davis; Legal issues raised by campus surveillance; Covert surveillance as antithetical to the mission and values of higher...
- Toward Empirical Studies on University Ethics. Counelis, James Steve // Journal of Higher Education;Jan/Feb93, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p74
Provides a research method for studying American university ethics. Lack of systematic empirical research; Universities as empirical ethical systems; Corporate cultures; Criminal behavior patterns; Codes of conduct analysis; Corporate violations.
- Electronic trails to college. Dyrli, Odvard Egil // Technology & Learning;Oct97, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p10
Provides online resources which can be used to access college information. Reference to information found on the Internet and the World Wide Web; Author's favorite online resources for college information; Specialized sites which offer financial aid.
- Accredited EH science and protection programs. // Journal of Environmental Health;Mar1996, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p29
Lists universities and colleges in the United States with accredited environmental health science and protection programs for undergraduate degrees. Contact information.
- Foreign students find their niche. Holmstrom, David // Christian Science Monitor;3/28/95, Vol. 87 Issue 84, p12
Analyzes the international status of some of the major universities of US. Popularity and rating among foreign students; Reasons; Details of study by the Institute for International Education; Detailed analysis of selected universities.
- Bland secularism? Schroth, R.A. // Commonweal;6/1/91, Vol. 118 Issue 11, p357
Fears that Catholic colleges are losing their strong religious identity and succumbing to the bland secularism of state and Ivy League universities. Unique offerings of a Catholic college; How Catholic colleges can revitalize their Catholic character.