FOR NEARLY ANY DISH: CHOOSING CHEESE
- Just desserts. // Food Management;May99, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p112
Focuses on developments related to food service. Holding of the annual Cooper's Hill cheese rolling competition in London, England in 1999; Tips on cooking calf's head; Rating of dietitians in the United States relative to other jobs based on income, stress, physical demands, job growth and...
- ALL DAY LONG: CHEESE ON THE MENU. Lassen, Mary // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p89
Deals with the significance of cheese to foodservice menus in the United States. Views of Christa Collins, executive chef of The Bon Appetit Management Co. of IBM, on the popularity of cheese on menus; Advantages of adding cheese on menus; How Eddie Jarrell, executive chief of Agilent...
- AQUAMATTA. Philp, Matt // Metro (NZ);Nov2004, Issue 281, p130
The article presents information about an Italian restaurant Aquamatta. The restaurant is of a long and narrow space, elegant enough in that sleek mode that is almost generic among new downtown venues. It is rescued from anonymity by shelves freighted with jars of fantastically lustrous...
- Artisanal plates show American cheese has more to offer than just orange slices. Fabricant, Florence // Nation's Restaurant News;3/3/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p34
The article reports on the increased number of restaurants in the United States offering cheese courses. According to the author, the trend is fueled by the increased availability of American-made artisan cheese. The author adds that some restaurants even allow diners to customize their own...
- Citizens Bank Park vendors hit home run with cheese steaks. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;9/6/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 36, p20
Focuses on the competition between Geno's Steaks and Tony Luke's in selling Philly cheese steak at the Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Comparative price; Popularity of the food in the region; History to the creation of the food.
- GULFOOD: UK dairy Prima Cheese eyes Middle East retail. Abdulla, Hannah // Aroq - Just-Food.com (Global News);2/25/2014, p12
The article reports that Prima Cheese wants to add Middle East retail customers to its foodservice contracts.
- CHEESE STANDS ALONE. Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;9/01/2003, Vol. 102 Issue 14, p64
In Europe, the cheese course is typically served between entree and dessert, and while many U.S. chefs are following suit, some are positioning it as an appetizer, bar menu item, or mini-meal paired with a glass of wine. Restaurants are also showing more flexibility in composing their cheese...
- Grate new product for caterers. // Dairy Industries International;Dec2012, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p10
The article reports on the development of Kerrymaid's Grated for the food service and catering markets, providing convenience for cooks and delivering appealing dish.
- CHEESY! // Special Events;May2007, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p14
The article features The Cheese Impresario company in Los Angeles, California which offers various upscale cheese products to cater to events and parties. Barrie Lynn introduces artisanal cheeses and educates attendees of events the perfect combination of food and beverage. She shares her...