2001 OUTLOOK: Wholesale market eyes 0-2% inflation
- Food prices helped ease inflation during the third quarter of 1976. Nakayama, Toshiko; Monson, Paul // Monthly Labor Review;Dec76, Vol. 99 Issue 12, p40
Examines the impact of changes in U.S. food prices on inflation during the third quarter of 1976. Changes in selected components of consumer and wholesale price indexes from 1975 to 1976; Changes in wholesale and retail prices for consumer goods and services from 1975 to 1976; Unit labor and...
- Large supplies of meats, grains cut recent food price increases. Thomas, William; Wetmore, John; Clem, Andrew // Monthly Labor Review;Jan82, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p10
Discusses how food prices helped to hold down the overall rate of inflation in the United States during the first half of 1981. Effects of weather conditions and long-term production decisions in agricultural markets; Consumer Price Index (CPI) for food during the first six months of 1980.
- Low inflation continues: Prices up 1.63%. // FoodService Director;08/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p132
Reports on the wholesale price index as it continues to show moderate increases, with prices through July up 1.63 percent reflecting lower crab, poultry and canned vegetable markets in 1997. Information on the year-to-date FSD wholesale price index for all meat, poultry, seafood, frozen food,...
- Rate of inflation eases in first quarter. Nakayama, Toshiko; Monson, Paul // Monthly Labor Review;Jun76, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p31
Reports on the easing of the inflation rate in the United States during the beginning of 1976. Factors that caused the inflation rate to decline; Elements associated with the changes in the food prices; Products that experienced decline in prices.
- Inflation and prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);May98, p8
Presents statistical information on inflation and prices in the United States. Performance of the Consumer Price Index; Details on the inflation rate; Decline in the cost of energy; Increase in food and energy prices; Reference to the Producer Price Index.
- Inflation dips 1.5%. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p88
Examines inflation direction in the United States in January 1999 in connection with food production and prices. Decline in the inflation rate; Decrease in fresh produce, meat and seafood prices; Decline in the beef market; Decline in the Wholesale Seafood Index of `Food Service Director'...
- First-quarter food and fuel prices propel inflation rate to 5-year high. Howell, Craig; Thomas, William; Lamb, Eddie // Monthly Labor Review;Jun79, Vol. 102 Issue 6, p3
Examines the impact of food and fuel prices in the first quarter of 1979 on U.S. inflation rates. Changes in selected components of consumer and producer price indexes; Changes in retail and producer prices for consumer foods; Changes in consumer service prices.
- FORECAST. Theinpont, Charles // Restaurant Business;12/01/1997, Vol. 96 Issue 23, p81
Presents an outlook for the wholesale-food market in the United States for 1998. Projection on the inflation rate; Wholesale price index for 1997; Forecast on prices by category; Reasons for the increased frozen fruit inventories and frozen vegetable holdings.
- RISING PRICES MAY SPUR US FOOD INFLATION. // Irish Farmers Monthly;Jan2010, p15
The article reports on the possibility that food inflation in the U.S. will double its pace as meat and dairy prices continue to increase.