FOR 13 SELECT PRODUCTS: Fresh vegetable acreage down 5%
- WHAT TO SOW, GROW & HARVEST. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/17/2012, Vol. 202 Issue 4715, p30
A chart is presented describing what to sow, grow and harvest including aubergine, beans and broccoli.
- DUDA and StePac ship iceless broccoli, will monitor closely. // Western Farm Press;3/5/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p31
Reports on the use of a patented system developed by StePac USA to ship iceless broccoli by Duda, a major grower and shipper of fresh produce in the U.S. Features of the system; Huge benefits of the iceless broccoli system over conventional iced system; Quality assurance documentation provided...
- Nutrition News. Wrightson, Cassandra // Health (Time Inc. Health);Mar2000, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p67
Presents nutrition news briefs. Health benefits of green tea; Fiber and folic acid in beans; Protective compounds in strong tasting fruits and vegetables; Cancer-fighting effect of broccoli sprouts.
- Cream Crops. Elliot, Brook // Mother Earth News;Apr/May2003, Issue 197, p114
Offers a look at outstanding varieties of crops that can be grown on a garden or backyard. Origin of the Shvelisi type of garlic; Challenge of planting Dr. Martin lima beans; Flavor of Kailaan or Chinese broccoli. INSET: Stuffed Kailaan Leaves.
- Pick for Peak Flavor. Wetherbee, Kris // Mother Earth News;Aug/Sep2004, Issue 205, p80
Presents a guide for identifying ideal harvesting time of vegetables. Beans; Beets; Broccoli.
- Speedy Sides. // Parenting Early Years;Aug2011, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p50
A recipe for side dishes including Southwest Tomato, Corn, and Black Bean Medley, Sesame-Ginger Broccoli and Bell Pepper, and Balsamic-Glazed Green Beans and Carrots are presented.
- FOOD MATH. Cooper, Arnie // Esquire;Jul2006, Vol. 146 Issue 1, p46
The article looks at the health benefits of some food combinations. When eaten together, the amino acids of corn and beans combine to form a complete protein source. A study found that broccoli enhance each other's prostate-cancer-inhibiting effectiveness when combined. The spice turmeric could...
- HOW LONG DO SEED KEEP? // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Feb2004, Vol. 28 Issue 174, p18
Provides a list of garden seeds with their respective years of viability. Beans; Beets; Broccoli; Cabbage.
- GIVE THESE POWER FOODS A WHIRL! Kalish, Nancy // Prevention;Jan2010, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p96
The article focuses on the health benefits of various foods. To protect the heart, consuming barley, pinto beans and mineral water is advised as such food contain cholesterol fighting ingredients. Eating lean top sirloin and broccoli and avoiding salt are recommended to strengthen the bones....