WHAT'S IN THEM; WHAT'S NOT; WHAT THEY DO: NUTS AND SEEDS
- RICH IN NUTRITIONAL VALUE: NUTS AND SEEDS. Rubin, Karen Wilk // FoodService Director;7/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p42
Cites the health benefits and nutritional value of nuts and seeds. Details on the nutritional value of nuts and seeds; Therapeutic uses and effects; Approaches to add nuts and seeds to menus.
- Energy in a wrapper. Heintz, Karla // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Mar2009, Issue 317, p106
The article reports on the health benefits offered by energy bars or trail mixes. It reveals that energy bars have been found to be rich in protein and energy, meanwhile, trail mixes which are made of nuts and seeds contain healthy fat. However, it states that monitoring their consumption should...
- SLENDERIZING SMOOTHIES. CHACE, DANIELLA // Better Nutrition;Jan2015, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p40
Recipes are offered for several smoothies including Hestia's Love Potion, Iced Coffee Whip and Holy Basil Elixir.
- Baking with nuts and seeds. Adams, Judi // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Jul2013, Vol. 102 Issue 7, p12
In this article, the author discusses the nutritional value of nuts and seeds in baked food, and mentions that bakers have been using these as key ingredients to add taste and increased sales of their products.
- Seed pricing. // British Baker;11/1/2013, p10
The article presents information on pricing of several seeds including pine nuts, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds and also mentions that prices of pine nuts have been increasing with the new crop in China.
- When kisses make you tingle. // Shape;Oct2002, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p126
Reports the sensitivity of allergic people to nuts or seeds.
- DO NUTS, SEEDS, GRAINS NEED RINSING AFTER SOAKING? // New Vegetarian & Natural Health;Spring2003, p24
Focuses on the advantage of rinsing nuts, seeds and grains after soaking. Removal of the pesticides and enzyme inhibitors.
- Seed pricing. // British Baker;1/25/2013, p13
The article focuses on the increase in the price of seeds of pine nuts, pumpkins and sunflower in Great Britain due to less production and large consumption.
- EAT WELL, LIVE WELL. Smith, Joanne; James, Kylie // New Mobility;Feb2015, Vol. 26 Issue 257, p13
A recipe for weight-boosting food is presented.