- A tale of two beef markets forecast for 2000. Barone, John T. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/20/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p106
Presents the United States Department of Agriculture's market forecasts for different commodities in the United States for the year 2000. Coffee; Dairy products; Grain; Oil; Pork; Poultry.
- Commodities. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;Sep99, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p50
Focuses on the commodities program of the United States Department of Agriculture. Criticisms received by the program from the public; Major changes to the program.
- Commodities Alert. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p70
Presents the United States Department of Agriculture's update on food commodities as of September 15, 1999. Aim of the modification of requirements for vegetable protein products; Rate of increase in milk prices; Information on various purchases made by the department.
- USDA Overhauls Pyramid. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;5/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p41
Reports on the launch of a food guidance system called MyPyramid by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). Description of the food guide; Features of the MyPyramid.gov Web site; Decisions of the USDA regarding several commodities, including its pork entitlement products for the school year...
- FOR SCHOOL FOODSERVICE FETES: Commodity distribution exec. honored. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p62
Reports on the commodity distribution and food service programs of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). Award given to Les Johnson. director of the Food Distribution Division in the Food and Nutrition Service of USDA; Chicken fajita strip purchase program launched by the USDA; Beef...
- Hey, Willie Nelson, Warble About This. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;10/18/99, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p34
Reports that the United States (US) Department of Agriculture (USDA) is making the largest shipment of US commodities abroad in at least the last 25 years as of October 1999. Amount of the shipment; Benefits of the increased shipment for US farmers; Volume of USDA food-aid shipments.
- Commodities Alert. // FoodService Director;07/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p64
Presents updates on food and other commodities. Contract that the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has secured for cheese purchases; Proposed mission station of the USDA Food and Nutrition Service; Partnership formed in South Carolina to deliver locally grown produce to school...
- USDA sells agencies on biobased benefits. Geiselman, Bruce // Waste News;6/11/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p15
The article informs that the U.S. Department of Agriculture officials want to convince other federal agencies, including the Defense Department, to purchase environmentally preferable biobased products. Biobased products are composed in whole or significant part of biological products, including...
- USDA gears-up overhaul of commodity distribution. // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p5
Reports on the reengineering initiative of commercial goods distribution in the United States by the Department of Agriculture (USDA). Consideration of the new distribution regulations from the USDA's Commodity Improvement Council; Organizations represented in the council's reengineering...