IN SCHOOLS: Fitting school menus
- Toppings make the grade. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p114
Features food service operators who regularly includes pizza in school menus in the United States. Pizza as a part of the New Menus Program in Rutland, Vermont-based public schools; Pizza served by Domino's Pizza Inc. at the Unified School District in Palm Springs, California.
- Today's No. 1 meal choice. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p114
Deals with the Italian pizza dishes offered by school foodservice operators in the United States. Pizza specialties served at the Salisbury Boys School in Salisbury, Connecticut; Explanations from foodservice directors; Pizza dishes offered at Unified Schools in Prescott, Arizona.
- Pizza Hut licenses California school commissary. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/26/96, Vol. 30 Issue 33, p2
Reports that Pizza Hut has licensed a district commissary in Norco, California to turn out the chain's branded pizzas for school foodservice. Labor-saving products supplied by Pizza Hut; Popularity of Pizza Hut's branded pizzas among students.
- Kids complain about caf food. // Food Management;May2002, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p14
Focuses on the complaints by students concerning cafeteria foods at the Monongah Middle School in the U.S. Criticisms on the food's flavor; Significance of the subsidized school lunches offered by cafeterias to students coming from poor families; Details on the petition submitted to the Board...
- Brands by the slice. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p116
Reports on the success of pizza brands in schools in the United States. Kinds of pizzas; Price per slice; Recipe for Hawaiian Pizza.
- Kids' mainstream favorites. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p82
Provides information on the Italian food, including pizza, served in schools across the United States. Cuisine favorites among youngsters; Examples of pasta dishes, pizzas and other Italian food served in schools; Delivery of branded pizza in schools; Recipe of Spaghetti and Meat Sauce.
- FOR A QUICK, YET SENSIBLE PICK-ME-UP: GRAB-AND-GO DESSERTS. Fiss, Mary Lassen // FoodService Director;12/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p44
Focuses on grab-and-go type desserts offered by school food service in the U.S. Background on efforts to develop healthier eating habits by students; Information on a popular item at the snack bar area at Llano Intermediate School District; Reasons for initiating a grab-and-go line at North...
- What's for Lunch? Schools Adding Healthier Menu Items. Coles, Adrienne D. // Education Week;06/21/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 41, p10
Reports on the programs of the United States (U.S.) schools to include healthier items on their canteen menus. How the U.S. Department of Agriculture has promoted more nutritious school lunches; Food program in California; Study on the eating habits of high school students.
- MAILBAG. // Weekly Reader News - Senior;4/25/2008, Vol. 86 Issue 26, p2
The article presents the views of several students in the U.S. on the fingerprint system to be used in buying their lunch at their respective school cafeterias. Most of the students agree on this, thinking it would be more convenient, while others disagreed, thinking it would not be useful. One...