TRENDING UP: From-scratch pizza making a comeback
- PROFITABLE PASTAbilities. Ridge, Diane // Food Management;Oct2000, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p46
Presents suggestions on how pasta can be served in creative ways by United States food service operators. Popularity of pasta with consumers; Profitability of including pasta in the menu; Pasta recipes.
- GOING WITH THE GRAINS. Frewin, Angela // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/11/2013, Vol. 203 Issue 4760, p46
The article reports on the popularity of rice and pasta on the catering menu in Great Britain. Rice and pasta were kept high on the list of menu staples as a result of the nation's continuing love for Mediterranean and Asian cuisine. They serve as sides, mains, accompaniments or desserts, and...
- FROM ETHNIC SPECIALTY TO SPECIALTY OF THE HOUSE: PASTA GOES MAINSTREAM. Fiss, Mary Lassen // FoodService Director;11/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p64
Focuses on the consumption of pasta in the U.S. Preparation of pasta at Pasadena Unified School District; Retail costs of pasta served at King's Daughters Medical Center; Types of cheese that can be added to pasta.
- FOR THE RECORD. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/19/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 46, p6
Several corrections to articles published in previous issues are presented, including "Handheld pot pie concept: The Cravery aims to overcome initial growing pains," on the November 12, 2007 issue, "Analysts: Projected macaroni grill price may portend M&A pressure," on the November 5, 2007 issue...
- Using your noodle. Slater, Eve // Restaurant Business;11/15/98, Vol. 97 Issue 22, p146
Offers advice to food service operators regarding creation of pasta menu. Making own pasta or using premade noodles; Style and type of pasta; Flavors; Fillings; Seasonal ingredients.
- It's Even Used in Asian Dishes: All-Purpose Pastas. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p104
Details the growing consumers' preference for pastas in the United States. Pasta varieties; Pasta offered at OKIDATA in Mount Laurel, New Jersey; Comments from food service officials.
- Pierogies offer potatoes and pastaâ€¦MRS.T'S. LaVecchia, Gina // Food Management;Mar2003, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p102
The company Mrs. T's Pierogies has introduced pasta stuffed with delicately whipped potatoes and a unique blend of cheese and special seasonings. Distinctively different, these eatables can be utilized in any food service menu.
- Make-Ahead Baked Pasta Delights. Daniels-Zeller, Debra // Vegetarian Journal;2005, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p6
Provides information concerning the preparation of baked pasta. Origin of pasta; List of baked pasta foods; Historical background of baked pasta.
- Need dough? Durocher, Joseph // Restaurant Business;05/15/97, Vol. 96 Issue 10, p187
Takes a look at equipment and supplies needed to support pizza and pasta categories for food service operations. Dough preparation; Mixer features to look for; Scales; Shape cutters; Ovens for baking; Other equipment for heating.