GPO CENSUS: GPOs expand value services for members
- From Diggers to Baristas: Tourist Shopping Villages in the Victorian Goldfields. Frost, Warwick // Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Management (Cambridge Universit;Aug2006, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p136
This article examines the relationships between heritage tourism and shopping. It considers two towns â€” Castlemaine and Maldon â€” which were established in the Australian Gold Rushes of the 1850s. Both towns feature relatively intact 19th century streetscapes and mining areas. They...
- Mid Year: Fewer menu price increases, labor cuts. // FoodService Director;07/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p50
Presents a business outlook for the food service industry for the first half of 1999. Trends that will have a significant impact on operations across all market segments; Rate of labor-cuts; Rate of price increases; Status of labor spending.
- MEALS AT CHILDCARE CENTERS UP 106%: Foodservice in institutions records 28% growth in '90s. // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p28
Reports on the sales performance of the food service industry in the United States. Gains in institutional service; Increase sales in child care facilities; Decrease in hospitals sales.
- Re-Engineering a Foodservice Brand. // CSP;Aug2012, p74
The article discusses how to re-engineer a food service brand.
- VIEWPOINT: MORE THAN A MEAL. Pond, James // FoodService Director;10/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p34
Discusses the characteristics of non-commercial food service in the United States. Comparison of non-commercial food service and commercial operations; Nutrition education programs from food service operators; Activities of non-commercial food service operators.
- Cook-to-inventory kitchen still the wave of the future. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;12/07/98, Vol. 32 Issue 49, p16
Focuses on Cini-Little International's survey which determined the percentage of health-care foodservice operations that use the cook-to-inventory kitchen concept. Labor savings and greater control of the production process as the touted benefits of the cook-to-inventory kitchen; Advantages of...
- Services that deliver. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/16/98, Vol. 32 Issue 11, HMR news p32
Focuses on the restaurant delivery services in the United States. Benefits for foodservice operators and their consumers; Menu guides published by the Restaurant Delivery Services Associations and the Takeout Taxi system; Complexity of the delivery business; Mass marketing for restaurants...
- Survey Tracks Hospital Software Use. // Food Management;Dec2000, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p11
Reports the highlights of the Cini-Little foodservice consulting organization survey on food and nutrition departments in hospitals. Utilization of software to deliver services; Integration of the direct purchasing system; Absence of interfacing in food preparation.
- 1999 RESULTS: Food/beverage buying tops $4.6 billion. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p45
Reports on the buying activity of group purchasing organizations (GPO) in the United States in 1999. Increase in purchases of food and beverages; Overview of market activity; Corrections growth; Potential of private schools as a market for GPO.