IN NEW MEXICO PRISONS: ARAMARK'S AT STATE LEVEL
- Aramark locked out of New Mexico's correctional facilities bid by Canteen. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/09/96, Vol. 30 Issue 35, p18
Reports that Aramark Correctional Services has lost a bid to manage foodservice operations for the New Mexico Department of Corrections even though it presented the lowest big to correction officials. Background information on the company; Protest on the bid award.
- Aramark brings Philly's prison foodservice into the future. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;1/8/96, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p18
Reports that Aramark Correctional Services is offering a training course to the inmates at the Curran-Fromhold Correctional Facility, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Comments from Frank Hall, commissioner of Philadelphia Prison System; Improvements to prison's kitchen; Prison's kitchen system...
- ARAMARK corrections in UT. // FoodService Director;05/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p44
Reports that ARAMARK Correctional Services Incorporated began food service operations at the Salt Lake County Jail in Utah. Number of inmates in the facility; Comments from regional sales manager for ARAMARK, Patrick Turner.
- Bias charge in jail food contract. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;8/23/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 34, p1
A firm that had hoped to oust a politically connected competitor on a huge Cook County contract instead is pulling out of the bidding â€” complaining of "flawed and biased" county procurement procedures. In a blunt letter to Sheriff Michael Sheahan and other county officials Friday, Canteen...
- Partner Profile. // Corrections Today;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p14
The article profiles Aramark Correctional Services LLC, which provides a variety of food, facility, and other support solutions to more than 400 correctional facilities in North America.
- Where Food Is `Missing-Critical': Miller `Chooses' Corrections. // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p28
Features Norman Miller of ARAMARK's Correctional Services division, a provider of food and other services to correctional facilities in the United States. Reason Miller chose to serve the correctional facilities; How their training program works; Challenges for Miller.
- Jail cooks for juvenile center. // Food Management;May2003, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p16
The Houston Police Department jail in Texas has some extra kitchen production capacity that contract services provider Aramark Correctional Services is using to provide meals for 271 juveniles at The Brown School, a nearby rehabilitation facility for 10-17-year-olds placed with the county....
- Trimming the Fat in the Kitchen. St. Pierre, Christine // Corrections Forum;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p14
The article discusses various means to lower cost of food supply in correctional facilities. One of the options is to use kitchen facilities efficiently by upgrading cooking hood systems, employing walk-in refrigerators and freezers and replacing old dish machines with more energy efficient...
- ARAMARK Correctional Services. // Corrections Today;Oct2006, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p90
The article reports on the appointment of several executives at Aramark Correctional Services in the U.S., including Tom Burns as senior vice president of municipal operations, Susan Meier as vice president of human resources, and John J. Robinson as senior vice president of sales and marketing.