AROUND THE MARKET: Foodbuy, Friendly shake on it
- Friendly's eyes consumers' vote with specialty programs. Carlino, Bill // Nation's Restaurant News;09/30/96, Vol. 30 Issue 38, p14
Reports on Friendly Ice Cream Corp.'s launching of a series of a specialty marketing programs revolving around its core ice-cream products. Title of the program; Scope and mechanics of the contest; Objectives of the program.
- Friendly's the name ice cream's the game. Hewitt, Lynda // Food Manufacture;Jun96, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p29
Features the American ice cream company Friendly's American Ice Cream. Company background; International expansion; Expansion in Great Britain.
- Family restaurant starts franchising. // Franchise Times;Apr97, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p4
Focuses on Friendly's restaurant chain's offering of franchises through its Friendly's Restaurant Franchises Inc.
- It's a wrap: Friendly's new ad strategy ices tradition. Carlino, Bill // Nation's Restaurant News;06/16/97, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p16
Focuses on Friendly's Ice Cream Corp.'s adoption of an advertising strategy that leverages its ice-cream heritage against the Friendly's dining experience. Integration of the ice cream tradition into the total meal equation; Key points of the firm's advertising and promotions.
- Friendly's launches franchise program. // Restaurant Hospitality;Jun97, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p18
Reports that officials at Friendly's restaurant in Wilbraham, Massachusetts, have expanded by franchising into areas where they are already doing business. Comments from Pete Pettis, vice-president of franchising; Background information on the company.
- Friendly's promo teams its ice cream with education. // Nation's Restaurant News;04/28/97, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p24
Describes the Flavor Fanatics education-related promotion program of Friendly Ice Cream Corp. Aim of increasing the interest of schoolchildren in persuasive writing.
- Companies can thrive by aiming for production agility. // Fairfield County Business Journal;1/22/96, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p12
Reports on Friendly's Ice Cream Corp.'s improvements in the production of its products. Responding to changeable customer demand; Encouraging people for suggestions and comments; Developing workplace skills; Comments from company officers; Agility in business practices.
- Friendly's gets busy with phone contests. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/05/96, Vol. 30 Issue 30, p19
Reports that Friendly's Ice Cream Corp. is sponsoring a `Fantasy Sundae' contest where consumers can call in their recipes to qualify.
- Revamps are latest on Friendly's menu mix. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/22/96, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p16
Reports on Wilbraham, Massachusetts-based Friendly's Ice Cream Corp. marketing efforts for its various outlets.