GROCERIES GET MOST OF THE GPO BUDGETS
- downloads. Ebenkamp, Becky // Brandweek;04/16/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 16, p22
Presents a breakdown of the personal-spending statistics of preteens in the United States in 2000, based on a research by McNeal & Kids. Amounts spent on food and beverages, play items, apparel, movies and sports; Percentage of preteens that were involved in the purchases specifically for them;...
- NEED TO KNOW. // Crain's Chicago Business;3/5/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p31
The article presents statistics on a variety of topics including average amount a Hispanic family spends each week on groceries, average number of times Hispanics visit the grocery store each month, and percentages of total Hispanic population in several U.S. cities including, Los Angeles, New...
- Use current commodity lows as hedge against upward swin. Barone, John T. // Nation's Restaurant News;08/02/99, Vol. 33 Issue 31, p16
Provides tips for food purchasing in the United States. Commodity prices for the month of July 1999; Demands for beef; Consumption of coffee.
- PART X: GENDER FOCUS: CHAPTER 67: FEMALE CONSUMERS: 67.7: Purchase Decision Making. Miller, Richard K.; Washington, Kelli // Consumer Behavior;2017/2018, Vol. 12, p380
The article discusses a study by Fleishman-Hillard regarding the purchasing decision making by women which include groceries and basic supplies and paying the bills.
- PACKAGERS STRIVE TO MAKE FOOD HEALTHIER--AND LET PEOPLE KNOW. Demetrakakes, Pan // Food & Beverage Packaging;Mar2008, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p18
The article discusses the consumer's desire for healthier food and the effective way of communicating the product's benefits to the consumers. According to the Grocery Manufacturers Association's survey, respondents are looking for healthier food with fewer calories and/or negative nutrients...
- The Influence of Commercialism on the Food Purchasing Behavior of Children and Teenage Youth. Kraak, Vivica; Pelletier, David L. // Family Economics & Nutrition Review;1998, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p15
Studies the marketing literature to gain insight into the purchasing power, habits and purchase influence of children and teenage youth and examines the influence of commercialism on their food purchasing behavior. Implications; Discussion of the findings within the context of building young...
- Best of the Market. // Mother Earth News;Apr/May2000, Issue 179, p72
Offers pieces of advice on purchasing fruits and vegetables from the market. How to select fresh fruits and vegetables; Health considerations; Instructions for preparing some recipes using fruits and vegetables. INSET: The Market Scam.
- Striking a balance. Biundo, Jen // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);4/15/2009, Vol. 106 Issue 2, p1D
The article reports that couple Rusty and Madelyn Uresti have bought the inventory business of Buda Grocery and Market in Buda, Texas, which is under renovation under its new name Buda Grocery and Grill.
- Business and government are buying more, but from fewer suppliers. // Supervision;Feb94, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p9
Reports on the results of the Penton Research Services' analysis of business and government purchases in the United States in 1992. Growth in business and government markets from 1982 to 1992; Spendings; Purchasing executives' expectations for corporations' use of sources of supply in the year...