FOR SAFETY, LABOR-RELATED ISSUES: Healthcare eyes use of carts, tubes and robots
- Foodservice technology served via cyberspace. Grimes, Robert L. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/21/96, Vol. 30 Issue 41, p14
Reports on trends in the area of technology of the food service industry. Software upgrades; Enhancement of training tools; Development of PC-based architecture; Companies' offering of data management, storage and back-up via the Internet.
- SIMPLIFYING THE PROCESS WITH: AUTOMATED MENU MGMT. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p86
Deals with the use of software systems for automating menu management in the U.S. food service market. Features of the software system used at the Ochsner Clinic Foundation; Goals of the food service management software adopted at the University of Montana; Comments from Mike Hoffer,...
- Brevard Cty. schools now charging food purchases. // FoodService Director;12/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the purchasing card program implemented by the food service department of Brevard City Schools in Florida. Function of the card program; Effect of the card program on the cafeteria managers; How the vendors of the student district responded to the card program.
- COMPUTE THIS. Durocher, Joseph // Restaurant Business;3/15/2002, Vol. 101 Issue 5, p121
Focuses on the back-of-the-house technology on the food service management in the U.S. Variety of software and hardware for restaurant applications; Advantage of firmware on diagnostic features for programming and operation of fryers; Benefits of house software options.
- B&I cafeteria prices show `gradual' rise vs. last year. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p8
Comments on the increase in prices of B&I foodservice operations in the United States in 1997 as compared to that of 1992. Information on a study which was conducted; Factors which attributed to the price increase; Details on products which have experienced the most increases.
- 1.2 million small employers start. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p28
States that commencing July 1, 1997 foodservice companies in the United States will be required to begin Federal payroll tax payments by means of electronic deposit to disregard the coupon deposit system which is used by the companies. Impact of the change on small companies; Penalties for the...
- Seeking to extend incentive. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p28
States that the foodservice industry lobbyists are requesting the United States Congress to expand the Federal Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Reasons for requests; Impact of the proposal made by the industry on unskilled workers; Changes which would be made to the program if the...
- What makes a "Best Onsite concept"? // Food Management;Jan2007, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p24
The article presents an invitation for nomination for the Best Onsite Concepts competition by the "Food Management" periodical.
- Eating to the beat. Sparshott, Jeffrey // Warsaw Business Journal;3/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p18
Introduces the Zuraw food service industry in Zurawia, Poland. Descriptions of the atmosphere and place; Emphasis on the choices and variety of foods; Details on the services and promo offerings.