AN FSD NEWSTRACK REPORT: VETERAN'S MEDICAL CENTERS STEP-UP CONSOLATION EFFORT
- Ground Zero. Webster, Richard A. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/3/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to construct a medical center in the downtown area in New Orleans, Louisiana. Residents are open to the idea while others showed a mixture of bitterness, sadness and resignation. Furthermore, homeowners who wanted fair...
- Memorandum on the John D. Dingell Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;7/14/97, Vol. 33 Issue 28, p1036
Presents United States President Bill Clinton's July 8, 1997 memorandum on the John D. Dingell Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Detroit, Michigan. Dingell's career history; Accomplishments as Congressman; Naming of the facility after Dingell.
- Enhanced-Use Lease (EUL) of Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Real Property for the Development of a Permanent Supportive Housing Facility in Lyons, NJ. Shinseki, Eric K. // Federal Register;10/3/2011, Vol. 76 Issue 191, p61151
The article focuses on the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs' (VA) notice of intent to enter into an enhanced-use lease (EUL) on the 160-acre parcel of land at the VA New Jersey Health Care System-Lyons Campus Medical Center in Lyons, New Jersey.
- Fifty Years of Caring for Veterans on 50 Irving Street. // Vantage Point;2015, p1
A post from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) about the 50th anniversary of the Washington D.C. VA Medical Center with details on the medical center's history and milestones is presented.
- IN ILLINOIS, TEXAS, OTHER SITES: VA explores combined food production, labor alternative. // FoodService Director;01/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p10
Focuses on the United States Department of Veterans' Affairs (VA) Nutrition and Food Service program. Food service offered by VA facilities; Job descriptions of Veterans Canteen Service (VCS) workers; Benefits of consolidating food production facilities.
- VA feels heat over Marion deaths. DoBias, Matthew // Modern Healthcare;2/4/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the admission by John Daigh Jr., assistant inspector general for healthcare inspections of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), that his confidence in the quality of care that veterans receive has been shaken and that parts of the veterans health system seem...
- BOISE VA: SIXTH WORST IN THE NATION FOR SCHEDULING APPOINTMENTS. Prentice, George // Boise Weekly;6/11/2014, Vol. 22 Issue 51, p11
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs hospital audit on Boise Veterans Affairs Medical Center has found no tampering or cover-up of falsified appointment dates, however, the appointment dates are found to be inappropriate and dangerous.
- VA Hospitals Shift to Central Production Plan. // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p1
States that three United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) healthcare facilities in metropolitan New York area are implementing centralized food production and satellite service. Features of the centralized commissary; Equipments for cook-chill and blast chill operation; Investment amounts.
- BOOST HFM MEMBERSHIP BY 160: VA HOSPITAL FOODSERVICE MGRS. JOIN NATL. HEALTHCARE SOCIETY. // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p1
Reports that the United States Department of Veterans Affairs' Nutrition and Food Service (NFS) headquarters office has authorized memberships in the National Society for Healthcare Foodservice Management. Aim of the move; Foodservice program expenses of the NFS; Recommendations for increased...