AND TESTING DELIVERY: Campuses expand brands with Villa Pizza serveries
- Food branding on campus: More branded carts & stations. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;3/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p10s
Reports on campus food service operators' use of manufacturer brand names. Effectiveness of self-service; Grinnell College's use of Weight Watchers frozen entrees; Stone Willy's Pizza operation at the University of Massachusetts; Pillsbury Sweet Cookies at the University of Notre Dame; Lean...
- Head of the class. // Nation's Restaurant News;09/06/99 Supplement, Vol. 33 Issue 36, Brands in foodservice. p5
Discusses the popularity of manufacturer brands in college and university foodservice in the United States. Low-cost alternative to commercial franchises; Keeping student food dollars on campus; Results of survey of foodservice operators; Reasons for opting for manufacturer-type brands.
- MENU BRANDING IN COLLEGES: A vital tool for success. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p64
Reports on the importance of menu branding in the college-university segment of foodservice. Search of customers for quality; Cost-effectiveness; Implications to the reputation of the university.
- Do brands still sizzle? // Nation's Restaurant News;07/13/98, Vol. 32 Issue 28, OnSite p82
Focuses on the popularity of branded food concepts in college campuses in the United States. Popularity of branded concepts compared to branded foods; Factors affecting the popularity of branded concepts in colleges; Disadvantages of offering branded foods for food service operators in colleges.
- In Wake of QSRs: Campus operators explore brand alternatives, choices. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p16
Reports that branding is increasing among college and university food service operators in the United States. Branded concepts using lessons learned from quick-service restaurants on campus in the 1980s and 1990s; Examples of branded programs at some universities.
- Branding on Campus: Working out the `right mix.'. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p80
Provides information on branding concepts on college food service in the United States. In-house branding; Complaints of students about the prices of non-branded foods; Key to the success of branded concepts; Examples of brands at some colleges. INSET: Daily Sales Tip $5,000: Univ. of...
- Getting Busy. Pond, James // FoodService Director;5/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p24
Comments on changes in campus foodservice in the U.S., as of May 2005. Use of branding in attracting customers; Impact of changes in campus housing on foodservice needs; Effect of technology on the habits of students.
- Brand Name or Bust. Tristano, Darren // Prepared Foods;Aug2011, Vol. 180 Issue 8, p41
The article discusses Technomic's 2011 "College & University Consumer Trend Report" which found that students in colleges and universities across the U.S. prefer the best in brand name, packaged foods and tell their schools' dining-hall operators about their preferences. It notes that more than...
- Chick-fil-A, freshens next: New Mexico student union expands brand foodcourt. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p10
Reports on Albuquerque-based University of New Mexico Student Union's plan to add the Freshens and Chick-fil-A brands to its branded foodcourt mix. Success of the Blimpie and McDonald's Corp. brands in the university; Earnings of the Union in 1996.