MarketCapsule: BRANDED CUPS BUILD FOUNTAIN SALES
- Meeting popular demand. // Vending International;Mar2013, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p12
The article focuses on the issue of consumer demand and innovations in the soft drinks industry in Great Britain. It cites the efforts of the British Soft Drinks Association in meeting the demand of health conscious consumers when it comes to the nutritional value of manufactured soft drinks....
- Can squash for pockets help make a packet? // Grocer;3/21/2015, Vol. 238 Issue 8197, p50
This article focuses on the growth of pocket squashes soft drink category and mentions examples of soft drink brands that entered the category.
- Mixed results for private label. Miller, Hilary S. // Beverage Industry;Jun95, Vol. 86 Issue 6, p10
Reports on a study which examined the performance of soft drinks during 1994 in the United States. Increased sales of private label and brand name soft drinks; Price comparisons between the two; Big brand name soft drink companies' contention that the private label segment has flattened.
- CSDs Begin to Regain their Fizz. // Beverage World;4/15/2011, Vol. 130 Issue 4, pS4
The article provides an overview of the carbonated soft drink (CSD) market in 2010. It states that CSD sales in 2008 and 2009 declined as people began prioritizing bottled water and other beverages, instead. It reports that this was partly due to perceptions that CSDs were fattening, despite the...
- Classic Revival. Howard, Theresa // Brandweek;09/27/99, Vol. 40 Issue 36, p1
Details the plans of Coca-Cola Co. to launch an initiative in year 2000 to regather the momentum of Coke Classic. Changes made by the company on its taglines; Implication of the initiative; Packaging changes to be made by Coca-Cola; Overview of the planned action of rival Pepsi-Cola.
- It's no pop-ularity contest when it comes to fizzy cola. Jones, Morag Cuddeford // Brand Strategy;Sep2003, Issue 175, p10
Reports on the expectations of global brands on the quality of Coca-Cola and PepsiCo products in India. Impact of multinational brands on the product market; Link of global brand with a threat to public safety; Degrees of outrage in cases of perceived corporate abuse.
- the artisanal soda trend. // Food & Wine;Mar2007, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p34
The article features several soda brands. Oregon Blackberry is just one of the flavors of sodas bottled by Hot Lips and are offered only on tap at its five pizza shops in Portland, Oregon. Waialua Soda Works' Vanilla Cream soda became available outside of the Hawaiian Islands and is flavored...
- Europeans double their soft drink pleasure. // Beverage Industry;May98, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p18
Points out the significant increase in the retail sales of soft drinks in the eight major Eastern European countries in 1997. Data from Euromonitor; Highest immediate market potential of Poland; Per capita expenditure on soft drinks; Carbonates sector; Consumption of mineral water; Growth of...
- Ribena research proves value of getting users to engage with branded content. McEleny, Charlotte // New Media Age;2/25/2010, p04
The article reports on research by MediaCom and Ribena which found that customers who interact with various brands not only have a greater awareness of products sold but have a higher tendency to purchase them.