Expansion for P&P
- Purves & Purves diversifies products. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;03/31/2000, Issue 5181, p4
Reports on furnishings retailer Purves & Purves' opening of its second store in London, England and diversification of its product line to include gifts and accessories.
- Purves & Purves quits high cost TCR. Pamben, Deven // Cabinet Maker;5/5/2006, Issue 5486, p5
The article reports on the relocation of the high-end independent furniture retailer Purves & Purves. Due to soaring rents, the retailer is moving out of its Tottenham Court Road store. The move of the retailer would help in controlling the growing costs and shrinking margins that its traders...
- Purves & Purves to return to showrooms. Pamben, Deven; Leslie, Rebecca // Cabinet Maker;6/29/2007, Issue 5544, p3
The article reports that Great Britain-based furniture retailer Purves & Purves is planning to shift into a bricks and mortar store after its online offers failed to generate the projected level of sales. It is stated that because of soaring rents, the company was forced to close its showroom at...
- Pushing the boundaries. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;7/20/2007, Issue 5547, p18
The article highlights the business success of Purves & Purves company, a home furniture retailer in London, England. It is stated that firm, which is owned by Andrew and Pauline Purves, has excelled in the industry through the aid of Internet and a small showroom. The company has experienced a...
- Made in the UK. Waller, Richard // Cabinet Maker;06/19/98, Issue 5093, p16
Features Purves & Purves' An Englishman at Home contemporary furniture exhibition in England. Andrew and Pauline Purves as owners; Thematic aims of the show; Profile of manufacturers showcased.
- Storeopenings. // Furniture/Today;07/31/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p42
Highlights the opening of furniture retail stores in the United States. Retail store opening of two Norwalk Furniture retailers in Maine and Ohio; Installation of an Ekornes Stressless Zone at Arnwine's Home Furnishings; Phoenix unit of Flexsteel Comfort Seating.
- Therapedic honors Miami-area retailers. // Furniture/Today;6/3/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p24
Reports the recognition of furniture retailers by Therapedic International and Therapedic Florida with the Therapedic's President's Award. Sample list of recognized stores; Contribution of the loyalty of retailers to the sales of the company.
- Measuring your store's performance. // Furniture/Today;12/30/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p22
Presents a chart depicting the sales performance of furniture stores in the U.S. in 2002. Estimates on the gross margin percentage of large stores; Percentage of bank cards transaction in medium stores; Prevalence of special orders in small stores.
- Pier 1 vets building new chain. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;4/28/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the opening of an Off Main Furniture store in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. Total amount of showroom space; Featured merchandise from suppliers; Target market. INSET: Off Main at a glance.