Classic by Design set for the UK
- Big push for Scottish wood. // Cabinet Maker;03/24/2000, Issue 5180, p3
Highlights the proposal to improve the use of hardwoods for furniture.
- Hard facts. Hollyer, Tony // Cabinet Maker;01/08/99, Issue 5120, p22
Details the various uses of United States hardwood species in the furniture industry. Benefits of hardwood forests; Popular species; Types of species used by British furniture makers. INSET: Popular species.
- Hardwood Use in China's Furniture Industry. Sun, Xiufang; Hammett, A.L. // Forest Products Journal;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 49 Issue 11/12, p51
While much attention has recently been paid to China's forest products market as a whole, very little information has been available concerning wood products consumed by the Chinese furniture industry. The primary goal of this study was to gain insights into hardwood use in China's furniture...
- Building a Legacy in Amish Country. Greissel, Mike // Industrial Paint & Powder;Jun2003, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p16
Focuses on the establishment of the Country Hardwood, a furniture business in Amish Country, Ohio. Impact of building business on the lives of each family in the area; Average annual income of the tri-county area; Growth of the furniture business.
- WITH THE GRAIN. Stokes, Ron // New York;6/21/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 22, p50
Reports on the opening of the Tribeca furniture store by John Houshmand in New York City. Offer of a line of furniture made from large pieces of American hardwoods; Design of the furniture; Cost of each product.
- China Shops for Hardwood in W.Va. McCLOUD, CYNTHIA // State Journal (WV);10/10/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 40, p20
No abstract available.
- NO DAY AT THE BEECH. Kaiser, Jo-Ann // Wood & Wood Products;Mar2007, Vol. 112 Issue 3, p38
The article provides information about American beech or Fagus grandifoila, the only species of beech tree native in the U.S. The tree is often long regarded as a general utility hardwood which is famous for its durability and bending properties. Its wood is an excellent choice for turnery and...
- Some purchasing rules to live by. Metz, Jerry // Wood & Wood Products;Feb99, Vol. 104 Issue 2, p25
Answers readers questions related to woodworking. Rules concerning the purchase of raw materials and supplies; Purchasing cutting tools; Benefits of purchasing for small companies; Requirements of furniture construction; Allowance of opening for hardwood flooring.
- WOODPICKERS. // Australian House & Garden;May2001, Issue 5, p71
Features Raphael Picker and his Melbourne, Victoria-based company Woodpickers, which manufactures furniture from quality Australian hardwoods. Raphael's career history; Level of skill required to cut a log to maximize the look of the timber rather than strength; Australian timbers that are most...