- Ashley acquiring Mississippi support facility. // Furniture/Today;11/4/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p22
The article offers information on the acquisition of a 260,000-square-foot upholstery factory in Mississippi by Ashley Furniture Industries Inc. in November 2013 to create a support center for factories in Verona, Ripley and Ecru in Mississippi.
- ELS goes on expanding. // Cabinet Maker;9/7/2007, Issue 5554, p42
The article reports on the expansion of ELS, a furniture and carpet retail company of St. Helens, in Great Britain. According to the author, ELS has acquired three more superstores in the Lancashire, Yorkshire, and Midlands areas. Furthermore, ELS bought a premises at Manchester, a place was...
- Mor Furniture buys longtime location here. Gustafson, Jeanne // Journal of Business (10756124);1/29/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 3, pA7
The article reports on the acquisition of a commercial building by Mor Furniture for Less Inc. in Spokane, Washington in 2009. The company has bought it for $1.8 million after several years of staying in the building. The innovative move is part of the business approach of the company in...
- Furniture building to be sold. Parish, Linn // Journal of Business (10756124);9/16/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 19, pA3
Reports on the agreement of furniture retailer Furniture Superstore Inc. to buy a commercial building formerly owned by Heilig-Meyers Co. in Spokane, Washington. Size of the building; Reason that prompted Furniture Superstore Inc. to acquire the property; Number of employees to be hired in the...
- Allders buy will put home back into BhS. // Cabinet Maker;2/18/2005, Issue 5426, p5
Reports on the acquisition of ten Allders Home outlets by British Home Stores (BHS) in England. Improvements in the furniture ranges sold by BHS; Total number of affected employees of Allders; Terms and condition of the deal.
- CHAPTER LIII: A SMALL DISCOVERY. // Warlock O' Glenwarlock;3/1/2006, p254
Chapter LIV of the book "Warlock o' Glenwarlock," by George MacDonald is presented. It narrates the discovery of Cosmo on a bureau stood within the corner of his father's closet, which his father consider it as a family treasure. It cites the conversation between the father and son regarding the...
- JD Group rejects Steinhoff bid. // Cabinet Maker;6/1/2007, Issue 5540, p5
The article reports on the failure of Steinhoff International to buy JD Group, the biggest furniture retailer in South Africa. The rejection of Steinhoff bid by JD Group shareholders is a serious setback to the company given its decision to sell off its South African manufacturing interests....
- Spa Treatment Supplies. // Massage Magazine;Jan2012, Issue 188, p103
A chart on several companies including, Advanced Health Products, Aesthetic VideoSource, and Agebest Basics, offering spa treatment supplies, is presented.
- Sears, Kmart: Furniture's $1 billion stake. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;11/29/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p44
Shares insights into the proposed acquisition of Sears PLC by Kmart Corp. Issues surrounding the merger of the two companies; Business performances of Sears and Kmart; Position of both companies in furniture industry.