NYPA Deal Will Fund New Power Plants for N.Y.C., Long Island
- N.Y. Power agency OKs $1.4 billion deal. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;02/25/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30338, p44
Reports on New York Power Authority's approval of the sale of bonds worth $1.4 billion to refund all its debt. Attempt to enhance the agency's prospects in a competitive power market; Lack of plans to compete with New York State investor-owned utilities.
- Officials request more information on N.Y. power agency refunding deal. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;02/17/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30332, p40
Reveals that two New York State assembly committee chairmen are requesting for more information regarding the New York Power Authority's proposal to refund all of its outstanding debt in a bond sale. Authority's pla to loosen its bond convenants in order to restructure its debt; Move toward a...
- NYPA Bonds on Positive Watch List. // Bond Buyer;10/25/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31003, p2
Reports on the rating of New York State Power Authority's senior-lien revenue bonds.
- NYPA: One year later. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;04/07/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30614, p1
Focuses on the repercussions of New York Power Authority's decision to loosen its bond covenants to restructure its debt. Utilization of money from the reserve to reduce debt and rates; Public electric utilities' progress in the face of a deregulated market and competition.
- NYPA to restructure debt in wake of nuclear plant sale. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;02/16/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30830, p1
Reports on the restructuring of the debt of the New York Power Authority. Sale of two nuclear generation plans and other assets to Entergy Corp.; Redemption of tax-exempt bonds.
- New York Power Authority Approves $444M of Debt, Cash for Relicensing. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;10/25/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32494, p40
The article reports that the New York Power Authority (NYPA) has approved $443.9 million of debt and cash to finance its relicensing application for its Niagara Power Project and settlements reached with several localities. Michael Saltzman of the NYPA explains that the agency will cover the...
- December's Down, But California Leads a Few Big Deals. Briggs, Amanda // Bond Buyer;12/8/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31776, p9
Reports several deals in New York. General obligation transaction led by Goldman, Sachs & Co.; Issuance of a revenue bonds by the New York Power Authority; Cost of the deal by the New York State Mortgage Agency.
- Power Authority will open garage to moviegoers. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;10/07/96, Vol. 35 Issue 41, p12
Reports on New York State Power Authority's plans for constructing a parking garage to accommodate the moviegoers at Regal Cinemas Inc. Business hours; Common Council's plans for holding a public hearing.
- Authority plan ok'd. // Crain's New York Business;12/23/96, Vol. 12 Issue 52, p22
Reports that New York Power Authority trustees gave final approval to a rate plan for use of the transmission system, which will facilitate competition among wholesale electricity suppliers. Authorization for the filing of the open-access tariff with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission by...