Heartland Aided More Portfolios
- Quitting Shareholders Threaten Heartland High-Yield Funds. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;02/22/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31082, p1
Reports that Heartland Advisors Inc. is considering the liquidation or merger of its high-yield municipal bond funds. Possible reduction in the funds' expense ratios with the expected shareholder redemption; Devaluation of the bond.
- Heartland advisors. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;02/04/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30572, p6
Reports on Heartland Advisors Inc.'s entry into the taxable municipal market in the United States on December 29, 1998, with its Taxable Short-Duration Municipal Fund.
- SEC Heartland Filings Shed Light On High-Yield Bond Valuations. Fine, Jacob; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/19/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31785, p1
Reports on the collapse of two Heartland Advisors Inc. mutual funds. Assessment of high-yield municipal bond valuations; Problems of municipal bonds for mutual funds; Management of liquidity and price transparency.
- Heartland: Muni-bond investigation has no effect on equity management. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;11/13/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p57
Reports the investigations on pricing problems of the municipal bond funds at Heartland Advisors Inc. in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Concerns over the use of mutual funds by pension funds; Implication of withdrawal by investors for markdown of bond funds; Details on the corporate reorganization.
- Losses in Heartland's High-Yield Funds Prompt Suits. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;10/31/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31007, p6
Reports that investors in two Heartland Advisors Inc.'s municipal bond funds have filed a securities violations lawsuit against Heartland in federal court in the United States. Alleged misrepresentation of risk in the portfolio's security holdings and true net asset values; Loss of the...
- Two Former Heartland Officials Urge SEC to Drop Charges. Hume, Lynne // Bond Buyer;3/16/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31842, p5
Reports that two former Heartland Advisors Inc. officials, Jiliane H. Bauer and Kenneth J. Della, have asked a federal court in Milwaukee to dismiss charges the Securities and Exchange Commission filed against them for allegedly mispricing securities and engaging in insider trading in connection...
- SEC's Bond Pricing 'Sweep' Hume, Lynne // Bond Buyer;3/11/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31839, p1
Reports that the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is investigating high-yield municipal bond funds' interactions with pricing services as part of an examination sweep of bond funds' pricing practices that it launched in response to the Heartland Advisors Inc. case. Testimony by Lori A....
- SEC: Heartland Undervalued Funds After Suspension Request Was Denied. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;12/17/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31783, p1
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) denied a request made by Heartland Advisors Inc. for permission to suspend redemptions from its two high-yield municipal bond mutual funds on October 13, 2000, leading the firm to intentionally undervalue the bonds held by the funds later that day,...
- SEC Chief Warns Mutual Directors, Citing Heartland. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31797, p5
Reports on the civil fraud charges filed by the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) against Heartland Advisors Inc. Accusation that the company worked with FT Interactive Data to manipulate the prices of the securities in two of its high-yield municipal bond funds; Settlement of the...