Polk County Convention Center Awaits 'Vision Iowa' Funds
- Don't get caught up in the name game. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;08/30/99, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p4
Comments on Grand Rapids, Michigan's decision to allow the Grand Action Committee to sell the naming rights to the Grand Center to the highest donor. Legitimate concerns; Questions of ownership.
- Wedding center rises on North Division. // Journal of Business (10756124);9/27/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 20, pB10
A photograph of a wedding center built by Pounders General LLC is presented.
- State hopes grand grant eases east-west tension. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;08/09/99, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p3
Reports on Michigan Governor John Engler's signing of a legislation committing $65 million to the expansion of the Grand Center in Grand Rapids, Michigan. State budget surplus as source of the funding; Mode of financing; Funding as the state's largest check for a single economic development...
- Houston Plans $630 Million Bond Sale for Refunding, Conventions. Albanse, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/22/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31102, p3
Reports on the issuance of revenue bonds for payment of a city-owned hotel and the expansion of the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, Texas. Appropriation of the proceeds of the sale; Advantage of fixed-rate debts; Financial support for the bonds.
- Exhibit hall's design to give Spokane icon. // Journal of Business (10756124);2/26/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p4
Editorial. Focuses on the controversy surrounding the expansion of the Spokane Convention Center located in Spokane, Washington. Public opposition to convention hall's expansion due to funding; Cultural value of the convention center's design; Consideration for the economic benefits of the...
- Largest Indianapolis-Area Meeting and Event Facilities. Stacy, Terri; Cullather, Sarah // Indianapolis Business Journal;2004 Book of Lists, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p248
Lists the most-popular Indianapolis-area meeting and event facilities as of July 7, 2003 ranked by indoor meeting square footage. Rank; Facility; Business address; Contact information; Activity area size for indoor meeting, indoor exhibit and outdoor meeting; Available meeting rooms; Capacity...
- 53rd Annual Employee Benefits Conference. // Benefits & Compensation Digest;Dec2006, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p13
The article provides information on the Anaheim Convention Centre in Anaheim, California. The 53rd Annual Employee Benefits Conference will be hosted in the centre by the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans. With the last expansion work completed in 2001, the building covers...
- Hot venues for 2011. // Event;Jan2011, p12
The article recommends several events venues in Great Britain. These include Hotel Verta located by the River Thames in Battersea in London, England, the Nest, a live music venue in Dalston, north London, Leaf on Bold Street, which features a tea shop, bar and stage area located in Liverpool,...
- BUILDING PROJECTS: SOUTH DAKOTA. // Construction Bulletin;10/8/2004, Vol. 288 Issue 2, p24
Presents building projects in South Dakota as of October 2004. Government and miscellaneous buildings; Swift Tell Convention Center; Mount Moriah Cemetery; Water Treatment Plant Metal Building; Eagle Butte School District Teachers Housing; Keystone Ambulance Facility; Indian Health Service Center.