GFOA Group to Advise Issuers on Disclosing IRS Audits
- GFOA: More Disclosure Of IRS Audits. Kinnander, Ola; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/7/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31219, p1
Reports the demands of the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) among its members to disclose Internal Revenue Service (IRS) audits in Washington. Publication of a guide to solve the difficulty faced by disclosing audits; Conditions in disclosing IRS audits; Comments on the GFOA...
- U4 Disclosures: Don't Delay, It Could Cost You. Foxman, Alan J. // Financial-planning.com;4/6/2015, p4
The article presents a question and an answer related to delay of U4 disclosure to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- A Very Taxing Question. Hume, Lynn; Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;08/14/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30953, p1
Reports on the need for the Government Finance Officers Association to develop guidance advising municipal issuers whether the United States Internal Revenue Service is auditing their bonds. Education of municipal bond issuers; Emphasis on auditing municipal securities.
- GFOA lends support to issuer appeal rights. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;03/25/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30358, p6
Reports that the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) has supported a draft proposal designed to give municipal bond issuers the right to appeal when the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) rules that their bonds are taxable. Development of the legislation by Orrin G. Hatch; Plan for the...
- Panel Agrees to Keep at NABL plan to Modify Bondholder Penalties. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;6/15/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31905, p5
Reports that the Government Finance Officers Association's committee on debt management have agreed to continue work on a legislative policy proposed by the National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL) that would ask the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to provide issuers with alternative...
- Groups Warn of Issue Price Rules' Impact on Competitive Deals. // Bond Buyer;9/25/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F337, p1
Market groups are pushing the Internal Revenue Service to change its proposed issue price rules to include a safe harbor for competitive deals, warning the failure to do so will disrupt market practices and hurt issuers.
- NACo: New PAB Rules Could Leave Local Governments Out of the Loop. SCHROEDER, PETER // Bond Buyer;12/22/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33028, p5
The article focuses on the warning given by the National Association of Countries (NACo) to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (ITS) the proposed changes of rules concerning projects financed with private-activity bonds for local governments. It notes the NACo's recommendation on the IRS about...
- Groups Warn of Issue Price Rules' Impact on Competitive Deals. // Bondbuyer.com;9/24/2015, p35
The article reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service has been urged by several market groups, including the Government Finance Officers Association and the Bond Dealers of America, to include a safe harbor for competitive bond deals in its proposed issue price rules.
- GFOA Asks IRS to Re-Examine Overpayment Procedures. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;1/24/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32801, p4
The article features the request of Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) to Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in the U.S. GFOA urges the IRS to re-examine any arbitrage overpayments made by bond issuers and return the overpaid amounts quickly. GFOA stressed that IRS should pay interest on...