Radian Set to Buy Enhance Financial
- Radian Expected to Ink Deal For Enhance. Julavits, Robert // American Banker;3/1/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 41, p11
Reports that Radian Group Inc. was expected to close its acquisition of Enhance Financial Services Group Inc. on February 28, 2001. Stockholders' approval of the purchase agreement.
- Insurer Radian Branching into Credit Enhancement. Julavits, Robert // American Banker;11/30/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 229, p14
Discusses the strategic moves made by Radian Group Inc. to enter the credit enhancement niche. Acquisition of Expressclose.com which offers mortgage closing services over the Internet; Announcement of a deal for Enhance Financial Services Group.
- Radian Deal Gives C-BASS a New Capital Partner. // Mortgage Servicing News;Dec2000/Jan2001, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on Radian Group Inc.'s agreement to acquire Enhance Financial Services Group Inc. and its re-insurance business. Plan by Radian Group to acquire stake in C-BASS; Terms under the deal; Cost of the transaction for Radian Group; Pending regulatory approvals for the deal.
- Radian in $540M Deal for Enhance. Julavits, Robert // American Banker;11/15/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 220, p10
Reports on Radian Group Inc.'s entry into a definitive agreement to buy Enhance Financial Services Group Inc. for 540 million dollars in stock. Core business of each company; Share of Radian common stock that Enhance stockholders will receive for each share of Enhance.
- MGIC Might Spike Deal With Radian. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/9/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32688, p1
The article reports that mortgage insurer MGIC Investment Corp. might cancel its plan to merge with Radian Group Inc. in the U.S. According to the company, impairments that the two companies took on the subprime mortgage-related joint venture are largely to blame. Credit-Based Asset Servicing...
- RADIAN, INSURER TO SELL JOINT OWNERSHIP OF CARD-DEBT BUYER. // CardLine;9/14/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 37, p5
The article reports that the $5.5 billion merger of Mortgage Guaranty Insurance Corp. and Radian Group fell apart, but the plan to sell their joint majority interest in Charleston remains on track. In the original merger agreement, the company announced plans to each sell about 16% of their...
- Reps and Warrants No Cure for Loan Defects. Finkelstein, Brad // Nationalmortgagenews.com;9/19/2014, p8
The article discusses that some mortgage loan and financial services firms are urging originators to lower or remove defects when making a loan. Topics discussed include concerns for the growing cost of purchasing loan file data according to Credit Plus sales and marketing director Greg Holmes,...
- Rating Agency Eyes the Implications of MGIC/Radian Deal's End. // National Mortgage News;9/10/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 49, p9
The article reports on the credit rating assigned by Fitch Ratings Ltd. to Radian Group Inc. in the wake of the collapse of the merger agreement with MGIC Investment Corp. in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Fitch downgraded Radian's long-term ratings to A- from A and insurer financial strength...
- MGIC/Radian Will Have 38% of MI. Finkelstein, Brad // National Mortgage News;2/12/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p1
The article focuses on the effect of the proposed MGIC Investment Corp. and Radian Group Inc. merger in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It has been stressed that the consolidation will create a combined unit holding 38 percent of mortgage insurance in force. The transaction's terms demand MGIC to exchange...