Keeping an Eye on Income
- Franklin, king of the muni world, flexes its muscles in the new-issue market. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;08/03/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30448, p9
Focuses on the investment strategies by Franklin Advisers Inc. Activities in the new-issue market; Top performing funds by Franklin; Franklin's focus on maintaining current income in the face of maturing high-coupon bonds; Portfolios in New York City.
- Amoroso and Costas to head Franklin. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/24/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30775, p2
Reports that Franklin Advisers Inc. appointed senior vice president and portfolio manager Shiela Amoroso and vice president and director of municipal research Rafael Costas as co-heads of the municipal department.
- Franklin Advisers. // Bond Buyer;12/14/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30787, Mutual Fund Directory p26
Features investment company Franklin Advisers Inc. Largest portfolio managers; Total assets under management; Total municipal assets under management; Number of funds; Number of municipal funds; Investment outlook; Top funds ranked by total return.
- Franklin Readies Euro CBO for Ramp Up. Husband, Sarah // Bank Loan Report;10/15/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 39, p1
Reports on Franklin Advisers Inc.'s plans to launch its debut euro-denominated arbitrage collateralized bond obligation in 2001. Structure of the deal; Risk facing the company in entering the market.
- 'Don't Time the Market.' // Siliconindia;Dec2002/Jan2003, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p56
Profiles Prabhu Palani, senior vice president at Franklin Advisers Inc. Career background; Views about investment management; Achievements in life.
- Franklin Advisers Takes Long-Term Approach. Takaha, Eric // High Yield Report;9/13/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 35, p3
Focuses on the investing strategies of Franklin Advisers Inc. Long-term approach to the high yield market; Emphasis on securities across the markets; Interest in lower quality insurance.
- Allianz joins Franklin advisers to offer immediate variable annuity. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Jan1995, Vol. 95 Issue 9, p74
Focuses on the team up of Franklin Advisers Inc. and Allianz Life Insurance Co. aimed to offer an immediate variable annuity. Diversification of investors among Franklin Templeton portfolios; Selection from five payout options; Valuemark Income Plus.
- Goldman hires Franklin advisers' Tom Kenny. McDonald, Michael; Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/22/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30773, p1A
Reports on the resignation of Tom Kenny from Franklin Advisers Inc. as executive vice president.
- Franklin Advisers' Palani on the Risk of Pure Indexing. // Investment Management Weekly;5/5/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p8
Presents the tips of Prabhu Palani, senior vice president and director of institutional strategies for Franklin Advisers, on how to avoid the risk of pure indexing. Tendency of the returns to always fall behind that of the index; Consequence of managing a pure index portfolio; Preference of...